What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Future RV-10 Builder

Hello everyone. After the death of a very special friend of mine in Waverly Ill, Brian Siddens (Parachute jumper / Base jumper), I had an opportunity to do something I have always wanted to do, FLY. Unfortunately it took the death of a very special friend of mine to fulfill this dream. Please read on?..

Sunday morning before the funeral, John Hundley, whom I grew up with in Buchart Ill, said he would like to take me to breakfast. Thinking we were going to go to some small obscure choke and puke, he proceeded to Taylorville Airport (TAZ) where he stores his Cessna. I asked john why we are here and he said we are going to Mattoon, Ill Airport (MTO) and that they did a great breakfast. You know what, they do! Never flown to breakfast before, but it seems something many of you do to meet up and share some quality time over a cup of Joe and biscuits and gravy. He let me grab the yoke and give it a try on the way home and I was hooked.

Why am I building an RV-10? Because life is short and I want to have as much time with my friends and family and be able to get there fast and safely without having to use the airlines, not to mention I love adventure. After loosing my buddy, class of 87, it all became very clear, and those of you who have lost someone know exactly what I mean! Brian lived life to the extreme; so the next time you go flying, give Brian a big thumbs up and a big high five.

I am currently in progrees in my private Pilot training at Reese Airport IN7I2 Steeve Reese is my instructor.

Jim Szutowicz / Owner
California Progressive Painting
:)

Last edited:
Jim, welcome to the greatest hobby on Earth (and some of the best people you'll ever meet).

Best,
Doug

Last edited:
Jim-

Welcome! There are lots of RVers around central IN, several -10s being built around here.
Send me a PM and I'll see about getting you added to the Indy RVs mailing list - there is usually a group of people flying somewhere for food every weekend.

Thomas

Back