What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CG and accelerated stalls

N916K

Well Known Member
I'm about to do my CG limit testing with accelerated stalls and would like to hear if there is anything I should be watching out for at the CG limits? So far the plane has behaved very well.

Thanks
Cam

accelerated stalls

Cam,

Mine has never demonstrated any stall habits that have made me nervous. These are the most docile stalling, quickly to recover without altitude loss, none event stalling airplanes I've ever seen. Whenever I take a pilot up in my 9a they are always impressed with the stall characteristics of the plane and I always take the time to show it off. As you have probably figured out you will really have to mess up for your nine to hurt you in a stall.

Have fun,
Bryan

it flys sooooooooo nice

I finish up my CG testing in the morning then I'll be done with phase 1. I have .7 hours to do. I finished up my solo stalls and climbs today. Any stalls over 1000 rpm and 1/2 flaps my Dynon reads 0 mph and my Vans ASI reads 55mph. By the way 55mph is the lowest it goes until I'm on the ground almost stopped. Tried tapping on it but it just doesn't work down low very well.

I really like the buffeting it does before a stall, just like the books say a plane is suppose to act, the plane really talks to you. While learning to fly I always heard that a plane buffets but I never really felt much in a Cessna.

The short field is also great, even with my cheap Sensenich prop. I have been flying into a friends field that is grass, 2000X100 and with trees on either side of the runway. No problem at all.

Back