What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Elevator trim tab travel

Ace

I have completed the steps on installation of the trim tab servo and cables. Everything seemed pretty straightforward and easy to follow. I got my trim tabs both to the required 35 degrees of down travel with the cables and the servo retracted. When I run the trim the other direction (tabs up) I get the right tab to travel quite a bit above the trail position(about 15 degrees if I remember correctly), but the left tab fails to get to the trail position, it gets as far as 5 degrees down and then starts to head back down to about 7 degrees down when the servo is in the fully extended position.This happens while the right tab is up 15 degrees.

Is this normal ?

What range of travel has anybody else experienced ?

Should the left trim tab at least get to the trail position???

I have seen a few posts and builders sites that refer to the difference in the travel of the two tabs, but can find nowhere the amount of up travel that is being achieved on each tab.

PLEASE HELP !!!!

Thank You,

Ace #40567

Ace, I just went and measured mine before I replied. It is working exactly as you noted. I don't quite have the 35 dgrees down tab that you do, so you should have some extra elevator authority in the landing flare that I have seen others mention as needed.
So, it seems you are OK. Have fun!

Vic

Back