What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The VAF News ….4.4.2024

VAF POSTS & RV NEWS THAT CAUGHT MY EYE.....dr:
—————————————————————————

CSV export option added to Van's Safety and Service Info lists on website …Van’s Aircraft
By popular demand: We've added a button to the Van's website that will allow you to export the list of safety and service documents for each model. Clicking the "Download CSV" button will generate that list (matching the list of what you've filtered on the page you're viewing), as a comma-separated values file that you can download. You can then pull that file into Excel to slice/dice/sort, or whatever you want to do with it. Over the years this is something builders/owners have asked for regularly to aid in condition inspections and similar activity.
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 3.02.28 PM.png

RV-6A Control Stick Issue
First post here, but I have a quick question for some of you that may have a solution to our problem.
We had seen this type of console built before and decided to design and install one in our RV-6A, the only problem is with the current control stick, it mashes your right thigh if you want t get past half aileron (left thigh in the co-pilot).
I'm not entirely sure if this is because of the console being a bit larger, and/or that the sticks are slightly inset to the rudder pedals.
Has anybody purchased, or know of anyone who curves sticks to allow for more clearance in the middle of the pilot to allow for better movement?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
https://vansairforce.net/threads/rv-6a-control-stick-issue.225834/
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 3.04.22 PM.png

Lower Cowl close-out panel problem - RV-9A with revised front gear
Having trouble with the installation of the FF-0097A/B rear cowl close-out per Dwg. 45 on my 9A. The drawing doesn't seem to accurately depict the position of the front gear leg Fairing. The FF-0097A/B interferes with the fairing by about an inch or so. I can't seem to visualize how it should fit, or what i need to further trim etc...
Does anyone have a picture of how they installed the close-out?
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.01.09 AM.png

Fixture to paint control surfaces.
…many examples pictured.
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.00.21 AM.png

OFF TOPIC:
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.58 AM.png

PS: Older issues of the ‘VAF News’ can be found at:

Back