Status
Not open for further replies.
they should all be reported... obviously illegal... giving "us" a bad name... <TFIC>
LOL.

D
to the Mods,
this was meant to be light hearted, but possibly betrayed my attitude toward the self appointed "vigilante" protectors of aviation, who are active in another thread... ;-) We take ourselves WAY too seriously...

Last edited:
"our" safety record is not good. We off ourselves and some bystanders on a regular basis.

Isn't that serious enough?

I think that's pretty serious.

When was a bystander killed by a GA pilot buzzing someone last in the US? I've been doing this a while and I can't think of one.

and that makes it a safe maneuver?

So the steady rain of aluminum now falling around GA airports hasn't landed on a school for blind orphans _yet_.

Bystanders do get killed by little airplanes and I think the distinction between a prop failure and a badly executed buzz job is lost on the general public.

I heard of a guy who dead reckoned (mainly) across the Atlantic ocean in a slow single. He lived. Do you think we should all try that, too?

My grandfather survived being shot at by numerous enemy fighters. He's gone now by natural causes but I assure you he would not have voluntarily gone flying with people shooting at him just for fun.

"Hasn't killed me yet" is not a great strategy for surviving long-term in these machines. Or for convincing the general public to let us continue with the current relatively low level of regulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.