I just got an update email saying I'm up for shipping but they needed my s/n. I had sent the form in without the s/n because i couldn't locate it without tearing the panel apart, even with a borescope. So today I tore into it. It's mounted on the GRT Safefly 2020 module. After disassembling more than I needed to I finally found the s/n on the opposite side from their "where's the s/n" picture. It's tiny and was blocked by the GRT dsub connector. Of course I didn't find that until I had separated the Echo from the Safefly. If you have a Safefly/Echo combo, all you need to remove is the dsub connector if your s/n is not otherwise visible.

I got my altitude unit last week.
Installed mine last week. Went well except a call to uAvonics help me find the device 2 under Advanced setting that had to be changed to 2....All well after that. On first ramp run and checkd the Pressure altitude on the Echo monitor was 600 cycling to 575 while the pressure altitude on GTX held steady at 600. No static line terminated just cabin with canopy closed. I have no opinions on result just what I saw. Will up date when I get to fly and get a ADSB performance report.

I just got an update email saying I'm up for shipping but they needed my s/n. I had sent the form in without the s/n because i couldn't locate it without tearing the panel apart, even with a borescope. So today I tore into it. It's mounted on the GRT Safefly 2020 module. After disassembling more than I needed to I finally found the s/n on the opposite side from their "where's the s/n" picture. It's tiny and was blocked by the GRT dsub connector. Of course I didn't find that until I had separated the Echo from the Safefly. If you have a Safefly/Echo combo, all you need to remove is the dsub connector if your s/n is not otherwise visible.
So your SN was not where it is pictured in post #54?

Same relative position but on the opposite side. Just happened to be the side next to the dsub connector.
I have the same config of EchoUAT and Safefly as in the picture. I bought it from GRT and it has the EchoUAT mounted on top of the GRT Safefly GPS. I am going to install my EchoALT and do the update tomorrow. Since that EchoALT is so light and small I am considering mounting it right on top of the EchoUAT unit itself with some Velcro. Anyone see a problem with that?
Keith

I have the same config of EchoUAT and Safefly as in the picture. I bought it from GRT and it has the EchoUAT mounted on top of the GRT Safefly GPS. I am going to install my EchoALT and do the update tomorrow. Since that EchoALT is so light and small I am considering mounting it right on top of the EchoUAT unit itself with some Velcro. Anyone see a problem with that?
Keith
Installed and tested today. Everything went very well. 20 minute install and software upload. Flew and got a excellent PAPR report. The only thing that was a little surprise is that after you get a successful upload of the software, you need to power down your EchoUAT and restart it before you will see the new software versions. The instructions say to power down and back on but I was wrongly expecting it to be shown immediately after the successful upload.

Anyway, I am a happy camper. Everything went very well.
Keith