Please do your part to help keep VAF free of politics (it’s #2 on the posting rules page). I enjoy the “why did you delete my post” back and forth less than you might think.
Thank you for helping keep this site just about the only spot on the internet where politics isn’t shoved down your throat 24/7!
v/r,dr

moespeeds
Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 4.47.22 PM.png

Weefle

RV9newbie
Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 11.00.30 AM.png

RayJr

Wing Walk on Step
…rockitdoc
Painted the steps with Wing Walk Compound yesterday and unmasked them today. Came out nice. The color is called black, but it's really very dark gray (charcoal). Anyway, it works well with the rest of the livery, I think. The stuff is basically paint with lots of sand in it. Takes a lot of stirring to get the sand up from the bottom of the can, but not bad. Put it on with a disposable brush from Ace. It takes about 4 hours to cure. I used about two brushes semi full for the steps. The wings will take a bit more, but I will have lots left over for touch ups, if needed. The smallest quantity from Spruce is 2 qts for $32, so if anyone wants some, I'll be glad to share a quart for $16 plus shipping.
Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 4.46.47 PM.png

jerry98b Panel
Still building but panel is done for now. I'll be adding a Garmin GNC-355 for IFR later and possibly a second screen; all wiring already in place.
Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 4.48.13 PM.png

OFF TOPIC:
Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 3.56.27 PM.png

Please consider donating yearly to help keep this American 1-person pirate ship afloat:

Older issues of the ‘VAF News’ can be found at:

THE VAF LIST (a list of RV-related lists)