Wishing you and yours a happy, safe and RV-filled weekend. v/r,dr

RV News That Caught My Eye Over The Last Few Hours ….dr

PhatRV’s DIY Seats
I used the stock neoprene seat covers designed for the 2009-2012 Jeep Wranglers. You can buy them from Amazon or from other big online store. There is a wide variety of colors to choose from. For my RV8, the covers for the seat bottoms will fit without additional work. For the seat back, some nip-tuck and hand sewing was needed. The neoprene is quite thick. I got all of my heavy duty threads and sewing supplies from JoAnn. The seat cover came out rather nice. The two holes are for the headrest. Nobody will notice them other than the Oshkosh Lindy judges.
Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 3.38.25 PM.png

RE: Pressure Waves in 4-1 and Crossover Exhaust …DanH PIREP
Here's an illustration taken from an old CAFE report. This was taken with a 4-into-1, but the principle is similar for a crossover. The crossover exhaust ties together two opposing cylinders, so they send major pressure waves up and down the pipe 360 degrees out of phase with each other. The result is some degree of mechanical averaging in the connecting tailpipe, with the two sets of waves (here P1 and P2) in opposition at various points in a 720 degree cycle.
Note for those folks unfamiliar with basic principle; the check valve exposes the engine breather to the negative waves, while sealing it off from the positive. In some ways it's like a half wave rectifier applied to an AC alternator output.
Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 3.40.01 PM.png

John Deere voltage regulator wiring...Help! …Jcurry PIREP
Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 7.51.18 AM.png

Canopy Fairing Tip …mike fox
Our group used a thin and narrow cake froster (see picture I copied from Amazon) which worked well by sliding it in from the front to the aft under the fiberglass layup. These are less than 10 bucks. The canopy did made a slight ”pop” sound when it released too.
Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 7.54.10 AM.png

Rv7 tip up question
I have a dash support directly in front of the pilots seat. How do I make room for a G3X?
Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 8.01.05 AM.png

Alternator make/model?
Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 7.55.02 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-06-21 at 7.55.15 AM.png

OFF TOPIC:
Problem solved….
Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 9.29.54 AM.png

PS: Older issues of the ‘VAF News’ can be found at: