DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
mascot.jpg

We brought him home yesterday. He's a white, 9.5 week old, 2.5 pound Chihuahua. I'd like to call him 'Smash', but the family is still in talks. Any ideas you might have would be appreciated.

Looking for input on those he-man killer names that reflect something aviation and an 'I can kill you if you look at me wrong' attitude.

BUFF, Iceman, etc. You get the picture.

Ideas?

Best,
Doug

Last edited:
"Don't call me Taco!"

Cute dog Doug! If its irony you seek, (we have a black cat named "Snowflake") how 'bout the F-4's nickname...."Rhino"? :D

Rick Galati RV-6A "Darla"

Last edited:
Uhhhh

Uhhh Doug, that isn't a dog, it's a rodent, man! Don't let it build a nest under a bell crank or rudder petal. ;)

How about, "Brucie" or "Filipe" or "Bruno" or "Squeaky" or "Powder Puff" or "Trixie." Seems like it should be dressed in pink and hanging out of a handbag (Legally Blonde reference here). What does Paris Hilton call her, uhhh dog?

Have fun. :)

Fridge

As in The Refrigerator.

Better leave that bait at home when you visit Idaho, unless you plan on trolling for cougar. And if a cat doesn't get him, somebody might shoot him for a whistle-pig.

Enjoy!

John Siebold

I deleted my first post after thinking about it and deciding it was in very bad taste. I have nothing on some of you guys. A friend of mine had a dog about the same size as Dougs new pup and he brought the dog with him to the RC flying field. I watched a big ole red tailed hawk dive bomb that poor dog. The only thing that saved the dog was my friends screams in absolute terror. He wasn't afraid of what the hawk was going to do nearly as much as what his wife would have done when he got home without the dog. My vote goes to
"Lunch" or "RED"! :D

Well...

A lot of smaller dogs are very nervous and shake at a rather high frequency?
How ?bout... Flutter?

RP

Dog Names

Okay guys, don't be knocking Chihuahua's. I'm a former 30 year cop at 225lbs and I have a Chihuahua. They are the most loving, loyal, trouble free dog you can own. Also as a single guy, they're Babe magnets!!!!

Back to the names. My neighbor has two golden Labs. One is TBO (T-bow), the other is Rudder.

Although not aviation related I'll submit the name THOR. Completely not what you picture when you picture a "THOR."

Imagine this little cutie with a spiked collar and a little hanging name tag with THOR. Who'd mess him.

check the teeth

Carefully lift his upper lip and check out the razor-sharp pearly whites... "Slash"
Put a studded leather collar around his neck(the kind with the sharp points), an earring through one of his nostrils, take him to a dog show and command your dog(in a loud voice), "Slash! Bad dog! No killing! No killing! Heel!" :D

Name for Chihuauhua

1.- Ay! le Ron
2.- Piloto
3.- Tekillya
4.- El Evadoor (elevator, of mood, spirit, aircraft, etc.)

Dog's name

Doug,

My son's family just got a new puppy and they named him...(drum roll, please).....

TANK!

Think about it. Tough...stocky...does his own thing, but don't mess with him...able to finish anything that's started by others...and also an airplane name...especially if you've built an RV wing!

Don

suggestion #2

My first suggestion was "cujo". Since you really want an aviation related name and he's not very big, how about "cleco".

Family name update: 3/19 2230Z

I can't tell you how many times I've laughed today reading some of these name ideas!!! I really liked 'Flutter'. I came up with 'Mach' and 'Mascon' on my own....Mascon is an astronomy term (remember the Apollo program?).

'Mach Reeves' - I really liked that....reminded me of 'Dash Riprock' in the Beverly Hillbillies.

The family keeps out-voting me <g>.

I was talking out loud about something astronomy related (another hobby) and I mentioned he looked almost like a full Moon. Then I said "Moon Dog". The whole family made a noise - that noise where I knew I was in trouble.

The last 6 hours the kids and wife keep calling him Moon Dog. I think the family agreement to let me name the pet is not being honored ;) .

I think we might have a dog named 'Moon'........"Moon Dog Reeves"
Callsign Smash, of course.

Keep the funny names coming...I'm enjoying hearing the names of some of these pets.

B,
D

PS: I really liked 'haRVey' also.

Last edited:
Chihuahua

After a Boxer and a Bulldog we now have 2 Chihuahuas and I love the breed. Hope you have as much fun with yours as we have had with ours. I kind of like the names from "Top Gun" and I guess "Maverick" would be my favorite. Roger Moore [email protected]

How about Sparky

Doug,

My RV helper left us last week at the age of 15 1/2, so it would be an honor for your little chihuahua to be his namesake. Sparky spent lots of time standing (lying) vigil at the shop door. The name may not be macho, but it's what keeps our engines running.

Here's Sparky all spiffed up for Christmas 2002.

sparky5fw.jpg

Sparky (don't call me a poodle), World traveler (AUS, US, UK), aka SparkerDog, The Sparkster.

We'll miss him.

Dog name

Doug,
Since I am a dog lover, Don insisted that I see the new puppy you have.
When I saw him the first name that came to my mind was "Champ". He just looks like a champion to me :) and Don says that is the name of an airplane.

Beverly Hull (Wife of Don)

Aye Chihuahua

Looking at the photo the name "Kong" comes to mind. This dog looks like he's going to rule, big time.

Chris

You too hu!!

We just got one of those little.........dogs. How about pisser... I find myself following the little bugger around the house.... Think we will shampoo the carpet next week.
Here are a few ideas.
Astro
Spacely
Wiley as in Post
Ace
slippy
Tipper as in tip up
Slider
Von Pitch Prop
Tailwheel
Nosey
Pitch
Good luck Doug
Doug in OKC

What an attack dog

Rat, because that came to mind first

Triumph, after Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, because he
looks like he has a sense of humor and will poop all over.
http://www.triumphtheinsultcomicdog.com/ :D

Van, "Come here Van, here Van, good boy". Why not

The macho angle you mentioned: Rocky, Butch, Spike, Ace

Adorable little thing. Enjoy.

G

Last edited:
I'm partial to the name Torque. (That picture was taken a year ago, now Torque is 50 lbs of bulldog love.)

chief inspector torque_small.jpg

But for such a small dog that can do everything, I recommend "EFIS".

Perfect K9 name

Doug and Family, A perfect name for an aviation family pet would be either....
" Roger" or my favorite.......... "Wilco" Most all dogs are really "willing to
comply " !! Enjoy your new addition.. BTW, how are you going to find a
headset to fit over them EARS ? !! Mark Cigal N617MC :D