TempestAeroGrpBC

I'm New Here
Good morning, VAF!

My name is Brian Cox and I’m the Director of Business Development & OEM Sales for Tempest Aero Group. You may be familiar with some of our brands, such as Tempest, Precision Airmotive, and Marvel-Schebler.

I hope this is the appropriate forum in which to post this. I'm new to the VAF forum but have had the opportunity to interact with a number of you over the years at air shows, IA seminars, and various trips around the country.

Earlier this year we introduced a new line of induction air filters for various applications across general aviation. At Airventure this year, I received an enormous number of requests to add applications for Van’s Aircraft. I'd like to explore all the applicability options, but am having a difficult time digging up this information across all Van's models over the years. Any advice on where I can find some of this data?

I look forward to participating in this forum and encourage everyone to let me know how I may be of assistance to each of you and this community. Thanks!

Welcome Brian. The RV-8 and probably other models with the "snorkle" use this air filter:

https://www.knfilters.com/33-2060-replacement-air-filter

I'm personally not a big fan of K&N filters from my motocross days, but perhaps it's ok with the aviation application.

The main air filter problem seems to be the carbureted RVs with the round filter - the K&N seems to shrink. There are a lot of threads discussion this:

https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=109144

Looking forward to some new products from you guys!

Brian, Just want to let you know I'm a big fan of Tempest products. They have always worked well for me and my customers.
I will also add that McFarlane stocks Tempest, Marvel-Scheber and Precision Airmotive and generally ships the same day.

more aircraft using Van's snorkle and filters!

just FYI, there are quite a few homebuilders that use Van's FWF components, due to their design and price! I have the Van's airbox on my Glastar, as do quite a few others I've seen!...I use the K&N filter, but if something better cam along, I'd consider it!