I guess that answers my next question. Those of us with sufficient electrical caacity and are EAB, can quite easily add the second Skyview, plug and play?

Installation of the add-on alternator would require a redesign of the entire cooling system, cabin heat system, and possibly external cowl shape (it mounts on the fwd left side of the engine... right in the middle of the space for the air duct used for the oil cooler and radiator.

The Control Module never had provisions for the second Skyview screen, because the second screen connects directly to the primary screen.

I made some detailed queries on the Dynon Skyview forum - some questions there are answered by Dynon techs. They tell me that there is no power consumption difference between the 7" and 10" screen. They also say that if you wire up a Skyview screen, (i.e. connect the ADHRS and all engine instruments, etc.) then later want to add another one, you simply connect the two through their Skyview Network Connectors and one cable. That connection is passive and works even if the first unit fails.

I agree with Scott. The installation of the external Rotax alternator would not in reality be a viable option on the 12 without major modifications (but then some people like to be different and fit Jabs and Vikings in the nose :eek: ).

Is it needed? I don't think so, personally.

skyview

I have seen at sun and fun and oshkosh a company that sold a 8 amp.
alternator that mounted on the vacuum pump pad which I believe the
rotax 912 has.