At the moment for us, Vuplex is the only game in town. I have found Vuplex to be not as good as Plexus. I tend to use a lot more to get the same bug guts removal effect, and the press nozzle seems to be one that is prone to blocking up and a bit of an awkward design that doesn’t lend itself to an even press down. Vuplex is cheaper but I use more, (or waste it when the can is nearly empty,the nozzle clogs up, and I give up in frustration ).

You can pry the nozzle off and replace it with one you've liberated from a can of bug spray.

- mark

At the moment for us, Vuplex is the only game in town. I have found Vuplex to be not as good as Plexus. I tend to use a lot more to get the same bug guts removal effect, and the press nozzle seems to be one that is prone to blocking up and a bit of an awkward design that doesn’t lend itself to an even press down. Vuplex is cheaper but I use more, (or waste it when the can is nearly empty,the nozzle clogs up, and I give up in frustration ).

Don H
Sydney, Aus
I haven't been able to find Plexus either but Vuplex has been the next best thing. The way I use it is to first remove the bug guts with a light spray of mild car wash diluted in a spray trigger bottle and clean water in a bucket and a microfibre cloth. After the surfaces are cleaned I follow up with spray of Vuplex and wipe clear. This removes any water marks and leaves a protective film that makes it easier to remove the bugs the next time around.
The bugs clean off easier right after flying, rather than maybe a day or two later when they are fully dried on and stuck.

Last edited:
So far 210 is the closest to Plexus that I have found. It foams up like Plexus and wipes away clear the same. Seems to have a lemony scent. ClearView, Prist and Brillianize don't make the grade for me. McFarlane Best DAM cleaner works well but is more work as you have to follow up with a buffing cloth that you don't require with 210 or Plexus. It does leave a nice clear windscreen though. Testing done! 210 for the hangar and a small squirt bottle of McFarlane's in the plane for me. (I don't like the idea of a pressurized can in the cabin so no 210 in the plane)

With the bugs you guys have in Australia I think its surprising you don't need to use paint stripper to get them off your windscreen...! :D
Yeah the biggest bugs are bloody Kangaroos! There’s more Roos than people down under!😂 The senseless buggers are a hazard for all transport!

I read documentation from one of the canopy manufacturers not to use furniture polish.
I ask every canopy/windscreen supplier I see when I go to aviation events, and they say "just use water, lots of it". Not sure why they don't recommend one of the suppliers discussed in this thread. I use this stuff since it's readily available here:

1717261992671.png

So far 210 is the closest to Plexus that I have found. It foams up like Plexus and wipes away clear the same. Seems to have a lemony scent. ClearView, Prist and Brillianize don't make the grade for me. McFarlane Best DAM cleaner works well but is more work as you have to follow up with a buffing cloth that you don't require with 210 or Plexus. It does leave a nice clear windscreen though. Testing done! 210 for the hangar and a small squirt bottle of McFarlane's in the plane for me. (I don't like the idea of a pressurized can in the cabin so no 210 in the plane)
I bought a 210 to give it a try and not so impressed. Today I went back to plain water it seems cleans up the bugs easier.

Has anyone mentioned Plas-Tec yet? Been using this for 25 years and it is the absolute best.

Has anyone mentioned Plas-Tec yet? Been using this for 25 years and it is the absolute best.

Guess I will have to give that a try. Thanks for the heads up. Certainly much cheaper than the other stuff!