Maybe Big Rigs are the answer!

Linda and I will arrive Sat pm and will be in the pet area with our big diesel sucking rig. If we could find another big rig parking in the pet area, how about renting 3 spots for the two rigs? We could set up with a rig on one space, an open space, and a second rig on the third space. The spots in the pet area are pretty big (say 60' by 20' or so).

Still have the problem of not knowing where the space will be before Sat PM...

If it would help

For my 'day job' I use a web software package that lets me send and receive SMS messages.

I could make a phone # where anyone could text from their phone the word "POG" and receive back info on where/when the VAF RVers are meeting. Bob (or Doug or other wise fellow) could text to a different number to set the current POG message.

HBC?

Bob,

For all kinds of reasons (parking, publicity, alcohol etc) the new area in HBC isn't the ideal place. However, given recent developments, might it be worth another look? I will make a couple calls and feel out the feasibility.

Failing that, I like the idea of a BYOB post-Van's banquet gathering at the Nature Center. Plenty of parking, easy walking distance from the grounds, cheap (free!)

Failing that, I like the idea of a BYOB post-Van's banquet gathering at the Nature Center. Plenty of parking, easy walking distance from the grounds, cheap (free!)

I'm liking that idea, too. I don't go to the banquet (not much ability to mix in the times I've gone). But hey it's one way to get the Van's folks at our gathering! :eek:

I don't go to the banquet (not much ability to mix in the times I've gone)
You should make it a point to go this year. Get there early, lots of mixing and mingling going on before and after, and the speakers are often interesting (Terry Lutz last year.)

Maybe that's the solution, then. We all go to the banquet. We bring chairs...we hang out before and after.

Where do we watch you and Brasch finishing off the Scotch?

Just to update. The possibility of a spot in the North 40 with a tent didn't pan out. Nothing on the Van's site yet about their dinner but it looks like that'll be the only organized gathering.