I also spoke with the Flight Guide gal last week.
- You have the option of getting the new format books either spiral bound or in a 3-ring binder.
- The larger pages are easier to read.
- The free (included with paper subscription) electronic access allows you to print specific pages for your kneeboard, including pages outside your subscription area. That's a good one.
- Current plans are for 6 different books to cover the USA. However, they are still considering a 4 book configuration.

I always carry it in my flight bag. If it's not there, I know the wife snatched it, I can find in her flight bag.
I understand that times change and Flightguide might not be able to economically continue the traditional 3 book set.
I could understand a cost effective 'replacement in kind'. They may be thinking that they are providing such, many of us dissagree.
Nice buggywhip, best one you can get. I love mine and when it's not available anymore, I'll jump to one of the e-based systems that work on my PC notebook.....for free or close to it. There are so many sources of info now.
Flightguide probably can't compete, and they are losing the traditional customer. Too bad, I suspect they will die all the faster.

You might call...

If you go to https://www.flightguide.com/flight_guide.html at the bottom of the page you will see that the classic small manuals are still available and have not been discontinued.

I have been a customer of theirs for over 10 years...and called them a couple of weeks ago when I received recent correspondence and after visiting with them at OSH. Unless something has changed, you can only purchase existing stocks of the small books, there will be no more after they sell what they have and no updates for them will be available.

I guess we all use cockpit resources differently, but I can't see my large self, in my small cockpit, with a large passenger and all the other stuff going on...fat fingering small buttons on an e-reader while in turbulence, to get what I want to get out of my flightguide...which is no more than a small page to clip to my kneeboard. I have a notebook computer, a smartphone and an e-reader...if I wanted them in the cockpit, I'd have them.

I've decided to give it a whirl and see how it goes with the first of the new Flightguides...I'm a loyal customer, even though this situation doesn't make me smile, I'll try it to see if I like it. I learned to like broccoli...

Yep... I was going to update my flight guides...but.... My RV-8 is crowded as it is...no room for the new Flight guides.....
By By flight Guide

I decided to give them a try...

So I bought a Kindle DX, with a screen the size of an approach plate.
The wife snatched it and started loading books on it.
I still had a month left on my last Flight Guide subscription, so the discount still applies. I bought the whole US, both flightguide and 'pilotplates'.
I had to call tech services because the download 'run' and 'save' selections weren't clear to me, so I didn't save the instructions...:confused:
But now all is good. Everything is there on the Kindle, and I seem to be able to access it and it reads well, that is, if I could get it away from the wife for a few seconds to mess around with it.
Time will tell, but I decided to give 'em a try, and it seems to work. ;)
I know the Ipad is getting alot of attention now, but this looked like it would be easier to read in bright conditions.

......I told them that their product has now lost its uniqueness with their competitors and may lead to a loss of business.....
Yep... I was going to update my flight guides...but.... My RV-8 is crowded as it is...no room for the new Flight guides.....By By flight Guide
A typical definition of "classic":
of the highest class; being a model of its kind; excellent; standard; authoritative; established...

Few things have been designed as cockpit friendly as the classic Flight Guide volume. My personalized volumes have been a part of my flying experience for over 2? decades. Sure, sometimes it was a PITA to periodically update and (according to my subscription agreement), welcomed having to replace an "entire state" rather than a random page here and a random page there. Note: Never attempt to swap pages in gusty wind conditions. :) As for the new so-called improvements in presentation, my aging eyes could care less about more readable print and a larger ringed binder that in the end and comparatively speaking, presents the pilot with LESS information. Sorry, three small manuals covering the entire U.S. is personally desired over double the number of larger ringed volumes. Like most small cockpits, I just don't have unlimited library stowage space available in my RV. Offering maximum convenience and no obstruction whatsoever, a classic information rich Flight Guide volume fits very well sandwiched between the seats in my (electric flap equipped) -6A. All the new changes rationalized by the good folks at Airguide Publications are offered as inducements to get me to flip. Well, they have their business model, but I've got my humble requirements too. Given today's economic realities and the challenges we all face, I guess I now ask too much. Still, we can't stop change just because we don't like it. Change and adaptation to change, however unwelcomed, is something we deal with. To survive, Flight Guide must change, even at cost of my personal convenience. Surely, Airguide Publications understands I have to change too and the process forced upon us now compels me to seriously focus on other alternatives to the soon to be discontinued "classic" format.

"Change ain't lookin for friends." Al Swearengen