Tony,

There is no way for you to know you don't have CAD without these test. The nuclear addon to a stress test increases the accuracy of a stress test. That is why your PCP wants it...to be sure.

I guess my advice is this: Just doing the minimum to get by the FAA almost killed me. Don't do what I did.

So for now I am grounded and with a bit of favor, I will be back in the air in 2-3 weeks.

How do you get a turn around on a stress test from the FAA in 2-3 weeks?
It has taken 2-4 months in my case three times in recent years. I hear people getting quick turn arounds. I would like to get some of that.

Thanks Mike,

Talk about "medial close call". Wow! Turns out I have a INCOMPLETE Right Bundle Branch Block. My doctors had no clue what the FAA requires as a result and ordered nearly $8k worth of tests. All but $1k have been canceled. The fine folks at the FAA's Great Lakes Regional Flight Surgeon's office are the ones that really were on top of it. I got a call from the DR and they said there is nothing I need to do and that the INCOMPLETE RBBB is a acceptable abnormality.

My suggestion to anyone with intentions on dropping $50-$100K on advanced flight training in the hopes of flying commercial some day, GET a First Class Medical BEFORE you begin. Also if you ever have any issues with your medical call the FAA directly and speak to the Regional flight surgeon. In my case they were very helpful and saved me $$$$$.

Last edited:
Check your PMs

How do you get a turn around on a stress test from the FAA in 2-3 weeks?
It has taken 2-4 months in my case three times in recent years. I hear people getting quick turn arounds. I would like to get some of that.

Phil,
Kindly check your PMs