WilliamD

Hi everyone thought I would introduce myself to everyone. My name is Bill and I'm currently building a RV6A. Been working on it since 2006 and I'm finally at the finishing kit stage. 70% done with 70% left to be finished. :) Thus far I've been working at this project alone but would love to meet some fellow RV owners/builders in the Tampa bay/Sarasota area.

Bill

[ed. Welcome Bill !!!! dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bill.
I'm located at BKV, Hernando County.
That's about a 10-15 minute flight to tampa.
We have a small RV group out here that attempt to get together for flyouts. Not easy sometimes.

What airport is convenient for you?
Have you moved your plane to the hangar yet?
I can fly out there to meet you.

Hello

My name is also Bill.....Bill Near and I have a completed and flying RV-7A located at PIE. Dan, let me know when your group has another flyout. I'll try to make it.

My name is also Bill.....Bill Near and I have a completed and flying RV-7A located at PIE. Dan, let me know when your group has another flyout. I'll try to make it.

Carl scheduled a flyout to CDK a few weekends ago but the weather did not cooperate.
We'll see if we can get another one together. Will let you know.

Hi Bill,

I'm also in Tampa, Original Carrollwood to be specific. You?

I dropped $200K+ last year on my "RV factory," and I just ordered the preview plans for the -8 today. I plan to purchase the empennage kit in a few weeks and build it at FlightCrafters in Zephyrhills to gain some experience, after which I'll move it to my garage and do the slow build with my father.

I'd love to pay a visit to chat and see your -6! I'd also be interested in heading up to BKV to visit Dan at the RV club the next time they get together.

Congrats on your progress!

Chris

Hi Bill

Welcome. I have a RV6A at about the 30-40% stage. Hope to fly in maybe 3 years or so. Sloooow build but I bought the quick fuselage. Building the left wing now.
Bob

Wow I'm glad to see there are fellow RV owners local to the Tampa bay area.

Bill,

Where ya at? I fly to Tampa from 49FD often....my brother lives in Tampa.

I live in Brandon in a apartment so no room for my RV6A here, but my project is based in Sarasota right now at my fathers garage; east on Clark road in a development called Saddle Creek. He has a nice 60' X 50' air conditioned hanger/garage. :D Perhaps we could get together sometime.
Bill

Hi Bill.
I'm located at BKV, Hernando County.
That's about a 10-15 minute flight to tampa.
We have a small RV group out here that attempt to get together for flyouts. Not easy sometimes.

What airport is convenient for you?
Have you moved your plane to the hangar yet?
I can fly out there to meet you.

Hi Dan my plane is located at my fathers garage in Sarasota. I would love to meet up with your group sometime. Perhaps a get together at SRQ airport sometime? I could pick everyone up and we could all go to lunch?

Bill

Bill you and I are quite local to each other. Did you build your RV-7A? I would love for someone to come down to the garage and take a look at my workmanship and give me some tips/advice. I'll even take you out for dinner. :)

Bill Davis

Hi Bill,

I'm also in Tampa, Original Carrollwood to be specific. You?

I dropped $200K+ last year on my "RV factory," and I just ordered the preview plans for the -8 today. I plan to purchase the empennage kit in a few weeks and build it at FlightCrafters in Zephyrhills to gain some experience, after which I'll move it to my garage and do the slow build with my father.

I'd love to pay a visit to chat and see your -6! I'd also be interested in heading up to BKV to visit Dan at the RV club the next time they get together.

Congrats on your progress!

Chris

Hi Chris that is awesome! I have talked to flightcrafters recently about them finishing my RV6A for me..... kinda got burnt out over the years. But my light is getting re-kindled with the locals that own RV's. I would be more then happy for you to come out to see my project anytime!

Bill

Welcome. I have a RV6A at about the 30-40% stage. Hope to fly in maybe 3 years or so. Sloooow build but I bought the quick fuselage. Building the left wing now.
Bob

Hi Bob good luck on your build. I know through the years I've had many ups and downs throughout the build. I think the best recipe for success is a support person or group.

Bill

Welcome, Bill. I live in St. Petersburg and am working on the finish kit of my RV-7A now. Rolled the canoe a few weeks ago. I travel to Arcadia every other weekend on Sunday to visit my Mom, perhaps I could stop by on the way back one of those trips. Been working on mine since '04 so understand the ups and downs of motivation. Rosie has rekindled the fire for me twice now with a ride in his georgous RV-7A. It really helps to have that kind of ambassador. These forms are a great source of support also.

Dave

ride

Bill,

The next time I'm down to see my brother, I'll look you up and we'll go for a ride over the coast, etc. in the RV8. You may just change your mind on building the 6A!!!!!!!

Bill you and I are quite local to each other. Did you build your RV-7A? I would love for someone to come down to the garage and take a look at my workmanship and give me some tips/advice. I'll even take you out for dinner. :)

Bill Davis

Perhaps we could coordinate a flyout as Dan suggested. I know there is a really good seafood restaurant right by SRQ walking distance from Dolphin Aviation and Sarasota Avionics. You could have a dozen people with tips/advice. Nothing helps a guy get remotivated like looking at somebody else's project.

Bill,
Lots of RV's in Sarasota and Venice. I'm in Venice along with 8 or 9 others either flying or under construction. Many more in progress in the area. EAA 180 is in Sarasota and 1285 in Venice.

Bill,

There are several RV's at KZPH which is north east of Tampa. I have built three RV's. My RV10 is actually in Fort Worth at Grady's being painted but should be back in the Tampa area in about two weeks.

Pat

Welcome, Bill. I live in St. Petersburg and am working on the finish kit of my RV-7A now. Rolled the canoe a few weeks ago. I travel to Arcadia every other weekend on Sunday to visit my Mom, perhaps I could stop by on the way back one of those trips. Been working on mine since '04 so understand the ups and downs of motivation. Rosie has rekindled the fire for me twice now with a ride in his georgous RV-7A. It really helps to have that kind of ambassador. These forms are a great source of support also.

Dave

Hi Dave I would be more then happy to have you come out to the shop and see my RV6A project; would love to come see your RV7A as well. If you could let me know a day in advance that would be great as I live in Brandon and my plane is in Sarasota.

Bill

Bill,

The next time I'm down to see my brother, I'll look you up and we'll go for a ride over the coast, etc. in the RV8. You may just change your mind on building the 6A!!!!!!!

Bill that sounds awesome! I have actually never flown in a RV before.... perhaps that is part of the problem. :)

Perhaps we could coordinate a flyout as Dan suggested. I know there is a really good seafood restaurant right by SRQ walking distance from Dolphin Aviation and Sarasota Avionics. You could have a dozen people with tips/advice. Nothing helps a guy get remotivated like looking at somebody else's project.

Bill that sounds great! I know the restaurant you are talking about. It is called the Anamaria Oyster Bar and is about a two miles north of Sarasota/Bradenton airport on tamiami trail.

Bill,
Lots of RV's in Sarasota and Venice. I'm in Venice along with 8 or 9 others either flying or under construction. Many more in progress in the area. EAA 180 is in Sarasota and 1285 in Venice.

Hi Mike I'm in venice quite often as my brother has his Cessna 172R tied down there right where the Restaurant is on the field. I see a white with red striped RV6 parked next to his plane all the time, always looking out for the owner but have yet to meet him.

Bill

Bill,

There are several RV's at KZPH which is north east of Tampa. I have built three RV's. My RV10 is actually in Fort Worth at Grady's being painted but should be back in the Tampa area in about two weeks.

Pat

Hi Pat, 3 RV's completed, wow I'm struggling to finish my first. :) I would love to get a RV10 someday, but I will be a father in a few weeks so I will have to put that off for a while. :D Would love to come take a look at your RV10 when you get it back from paint.

Bill

Clearwater Airpark (KCLW) is home

to an -8A, a -10, a -6, a -6A, and a -7A and some "off-field" build projects. Always glad to entertain visits from the RV family.

Take care,

Ron

Gathering of RV folks

I have been folllowing this thread. It seems that there are a lot of RV builders and pilots in the area of West Central Florida meeting each other here.

I would be happy to offer my home in Treasure Island as a meeting point. I will provide burgers, dogs, and cold beverages for any RV people who would like to show up. If you can make it this coming Sunday, July 10 at 2pm.

If you are flying in to SPG we can probably make arrangements to pick you up at the airport and transport you to the gathering. Folks who want to fly in from anywhere are invited.

If you want to attend, please send me a PM and I will give you the address and directions.

transport

Bill,

Thanks for that offer of help with the transport. If you can shuttle people from SPG to Treasure Island, I will work the grill.

This will be a good chance for all the RV folks in the area to get to know each other.

I'm at KZPH too...

Myself with an RV 9A, three other 9A's, Pat's 10, an 8, a 4 and three 6's. We do breakfast and lunch missions when weather permits. One of the favorites is Cedar Key along with Venice. Sebring - every Wednesday morning sees anywhere from a few to 30 RV's for breakfast. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfh-YJu3q8Y

Summer wx is going to limit the flying to mornings but you're welcome to come up and join us for hanger flying.

Last edited:
Check out Venice

Bill,

Hey Bill, As Mike W said Come on Down to Venice and check us out next time you are visiting your brother. I will be back in town tomorrow after a two month "life Happens" break in my RV-6 final assembly plans. It's at the hangar and I hope to be working on it at much as I can. Hangar 144

Call if your going to be in town and maybe a few of us can give you a quick tour... 941-416-three six nine five....

I have been folllowing this thread. It seems that there are a lot of RV builders and pilots in the area of West Central Florida meeting each other here.

I would be happy to offer my home in Treasure Island as a meeting point. I will provide burgers, dogs, and cold beverages for any RV people who would like to show up. If you can make it this coming Sunday, July 10 at 2pm.

If you are flying in to SPG we can probably make arrangements to pick you up at the airport and transport you to the gathering. Folks who want to fly in from anywhere are invited.

If you want to attend, please send me a PM and I will give you the address and directions.

Hi Tony,
Long time no see.
I'd be interested in flying into SPG but would need a ride to your place.
Can we coordinate with others who are interested?
Not sure about the weather. Today was sure nasty.

Let me know.

Now what?

Lots of great suggestions. I can't make Wednesday AM in Sebring but weekend breakfasts sound great. Carl, it sounds like you have these sort of underway so do you have another one coming up? AirVenture is just around the corner so that may interfere with these plans.

I can drive

Hi Tony,
Long time no see.
I'd be interested in flying into SPG but would need a ride to your place.
Can we coordinate with others who are interested?
Not sure about the weather. Today was sure nasty.

Let me know.

I live in Seminole (north St Pete) so those of you that want to fly into SPG I can ferry to Tony's place. I can hold 5 people.

come on down

Dan,

We will find a way to get everyone who flys in to SPG over to my place. Bill and I can each haul 5 and we can make as many trips as we need to. If weather doesn't permit flying, just drive down for some burgers, dogs, and RV visiting.

It would be a good opportunity for those of us who have not met to do so. It will be good to see you again.

Hi Tony are you talking about Treasure Island right near st. pete? Just wondering because your locations states Orlando. I'm definitely interested in coming.

Bill

Hi Tony are you talking about Treasure Island right near st. pete? Just wondering because your locations states Orlando. I'm definitely interested in coming.

Bill

Sorry to chime in for Tony, but he does means Treasure Island near St Pete.

Treasure Island

Dan is correct. My primary residence, and job, are in Orlando, but on the weekends I can usually be found at Treasure Island.

Clearwater RV7 builder here

Hi Bill,

I'm building well on and off building a 7A in Clearwater getting to the finish kit stage. I live in St Pete and the kit is in Clearwater.

Burger fro Bruce

Bruce,

You are just down the street from the Sunday RV gathering at Treasure Island, why don't you come on over and meet the folks?

If you can make it, IM me for the address.

Hi Bill,

I'm building well on and off building a 7A in Clearwater getting to the finish kit stage. I live in St Pete and the kit is in Clearwater.

Hi Bruce glad to see another RV builder. I will be attending Tony's cook out on Sunday. Would be great to chat with you if you can make it. :)

Bill

Wingtime!! Bruce

What're you doing?? When are you going to finsih??

You need to get over to ZPH and see what's going on there. RV's everywhere!!

Tony - WX is the issue

I'm in North Tampa area. If the weather looks good I'll make the get together. Been tough lately and Saturday promises to be another washed out day. If Sunday gets better, I'll be ther. Will let you know through this forum if we can make it.

What're you doing?? When are you going to finsih??

You need to get over to ZPH and see what's going on there. RV's everywhere!!

Carl, you're really harsh on Bruce.
Bruce was actually the first kit builder I ever visited prior to my build.
He was also my shade hangar neighbor at CLW. We did get to go for a short ride awhile back.
Bruce & Carl, I hope you make it over to Tony's place. Looking forward to seeing you.
Carl, are you planning on flying into SPG? If so, maybe we can meet up & fly in together.

Dan

Maybe. WX is iffy at best. If it looks like it'll hold through the afternoon then I'll fly to Whitted. If not, I may just drive.

If Tony is lurking, maybe he can provide directions via PM.

directions

Carl,

I send directions by PM. I understand that the wx is a bit ugly this weekend.
It takes an hour to drive from my house to County Line Road in Lakeland, so it is less than an hour from ZPH. Please pass the word to the ZPH guys.

Flyins

If you are flying into CLW let me know, George lives near there and can pick you up and transport you to Treasure Island.

Directions

Hey Tony,
I'll need directions to your place,also. Those of you flying into SPG, let me know and I'll meet you there to ride to Tony's place. I can hold 5 or 6 depending on whether I can talk my wife into coming.

Hey Tony,
I'll need directions to your place,also. Those of you flying into SPG, let me know and I'll meet you there to ride to Tony's place. I can hold 5 or 6 depending on whether I can talk my wife into coming.

I'm planning of flying into SPG. ETA 1300 hours.
Let's see what the wx gives us for tomorrow.