Not at it's current set up. It was designed to be fairly docile. I am sure it could be, but at what cost? I'm not sure a v-8 would even fit without changing the dimensions of the cowl, and ultimately ruining the look.

If I ever get the bi-plane finished, I'm looking at building a T-51B. I've always liked the looks of the B model and I don't think the mod would be particularly difficult. I've already pretty much got the mod figured out in my head.

In addition to the RV8A I'm building one of these.

keg.jpg

:p

I'm not sure WHAT I'm going to build yet but it'll be aluminum, I know that.

Taking the family to the EAA fly-in at Front Range Airport in CO this year, possibly one will just jump out at me.

phelan said:
I will be going for my PPL this summer, and after that, ordering my -10 kit. However, I intend to use my experience gleaned from that project to help with this...

corsair.jpg

The Corsair is one of my favorite fighter warbirds, and Tony Pileggi is painfully designing a prototype 82% replica (LINK). If it turns out to be a winner, he suggests a kit would be a possibility. Hey, we're all just a bunch of dreamers anyway, right?

It would be nice to see his idea come to fruition, but after looking at the website, it appears to be merely a dream on paper.