Notso

Hey guys,

I hoping someone has thought of this already...... but I'm trying to come up with ways to anchor a cargo net type of set up (or similar) in the rear baggage compartment so I can throw odds and ends like a small box with a couple of quarts of oil, some spare tools, a couple of water bottles, etc in the back baggage area and secure if down so the stuff isn't rattling around in the back while doing some fun "maneuvering" and having the occasional inadvertent unload throw everything around.

I was thinking of something like they have in the back of an SUV rear area with 4 attach points and a cargo net sort of thing to hold the stuff down to the floor. But I don't see anyway of doing it without doing some serious surgery to the baggage floor or side walls. I'm not sure if an adhesive type of anchor would be strong enough to hold stuff down.

Are there any other ways of achieving the same end result? Thanks!

search for a post by Mikeyb (N36MB) for a post of how he used the L-angle to make the brackets. Light weight and easy to build and more versatile than a 4-point anchors like I have.

Edit: Link to MikeyB post:

Last edited:
Someone a while back used piano hinge pieces. One side riveted to the floor and the other side with a hole that would accept a hook of the cargo net. When not in use just fold them down.

And these from Van’s (and other vendors):