Well done!

Hi Bob, Looks like you did an awesome job....Just to let everyone know....To handle a 12' long sheet of self adhesive material and having never done it before, especially from an extension ladder, is quite a testament to your abilities. what do you mean by ragged?....Did the sheets buckle on you and you made a pass with the squeegie over it?....if so....you might have a crease and or some discoloration at the crease.....if its not firmly against the wall try a hair dryer....not a heat gun....warm it up and see if it shrinks abit.....if it expands like a bubble, take the needle and pierce the top of it and gently squeegie out the air......for color issues.....they are probably white....take a number 2 pencil and touch up the area lightly and blend it in.....from 2 feet away youll never see it. Call me if you want to talk about it....BTW she looks amazing!....Good job

The colors are fine - the workmanship is OK

I got some air pockets and I worked most of those out as you describe. Generally it looks good but there ar a few areas where I got creases that I couldn't work out. They are not terrible and I can live with them but I will try the hair drier method to shrink out some of the excess. Because the creases are hard pressed in I am reluctant to try a surgical approach to repair them.

The tape method and zipper trick you described for positioning and holding the strips made it possible. I was worried about it because of the weight of the photo material but I bought some 2" 3M masking tape from Lowe's and it held fine. I worked through the night by myself and when I was at the top of the ladder aligning the initial strip with the plumb line or later strips with the previous panel and horizontal bubble leveled string it was not an easy task. if your methods would not have worked I don't know what I would have done.

Except for the possible hair drier work I think it is good. Thank you so very much for making it possible. As you can see it means a lot to me.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
The other wall has photo applied

IMG_5815.jpg

This one was smaller (4' x 6') and I did a better job following Rob's method but there are still some imperfections.

Bob Axsom