Holy cow. This thread has to break some kind of internet record. 6 pages over 10 years discussing hangar light bulbs :)

Holy cow. This thread has to break some kind of internet record. 6 pages over 10 years discussing hangar light bulbs :)

And almost all of it rendered irrelevant by the march of technology. What a great thread, illuminating the amazing changes in large-scale lighting over just a 10 year period.

That's what I was thinking, MAC. I got some 22,000 lumen high bay lights (24"x18") and used only 3 for the whole hangar. 1.2A each. They are 14 ft up. Average of $110 each, purchased a different times.

That's what I was thinking, MAC. I got some 22,000 lumen high bay lights (24"x18") and used only 3 for the whole hangar. 1.2A each. They are 14 ft up. Average of $110 each, purchased a different times.

I recently bought a pair of 22,000 lumen lights too...$50 on Amazon. I only bought two for my hangar's 12 foot ceiling. Might need/want a couple more.

I haven't hung them yet....I need to borrow the man-lift and it's tough to move to the hangar when there's snow on the ground. I need to run an extension cord on a Y splitter since I only have one measly light socket. I could change it to a 4-gang outlet, but the county isn't enthusiastic about those kinds of electrical mods by the renters. I might push that if 44,000 lumens isn't enough.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 3.20.12 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 3.20.12 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 80