Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure you are well aware that the accident rate for flying experimental aircraft is significantly higher than commercial transport, and yet you still fly privately.

Higher rate sure, but take out the pilot caused problems like running out of gas, flying VMC into IMC, stall/spin on final, etc and it is not so bad.

Let's face reality. Ethanol in auto gas is a fraud on America. I don't have to accept it or look forward to using it in my plane. Our Congress is a joke and ethanol is one example of their blatant stupidity and ethical shallowness.

That is not political...it is reality. Ethanol is here for now. It won't be forever.

Nasty But true

Part of a forum discussion is disagreement.
We know for a fact that the addition of ethanol to fuel is a net negative as far as energy output is concerned.
Ron, I hope you will stay your ground and voice your opinion.

AND HOPEFULLY YOU WILL NOT BE HERE LONG ALSO. PLEASE MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY AND KEEP YOUR NASTY WORDS TO YOURSELF THANK YOU

Are you referring to my post? Seems a bit harsh to tell me to leave my country. Are you a corn country resident? If so, I understand your bias but we in the USA do not need to be forced to use ethanol. We in the aviation sector do not either especially when there may be legit safety issues.

Some feel that 100LL is going away in a few months/years. I don't. As with many things, some of this is emotional and based upon pseudo-science. Where is proof that the minimal lead expelled from aviation users is harmful? I don't mean the science that told us for years that eggs will kill you...then they say it is really ok after all.

Perhaps I have problems, but I am not going to have ethanol, 406 MHz ELT or ADS-B Out shoved down my throat without a fight.

OK, this is another one that skittered off in to the bushes because folks don't know how to disagree without insulting one another. Not what Doug wants here. Sorry folks - keep it civil next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.