What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Still waiting on LCP replacement email

TX_Flyer

Sponsor
Anybody else still waiting on an email for the portal or is it just me? I received the first email last year, but not an updated one to order the needed parts.

I can'r remember when I received my first (maybe there was a second to confirm as well?) portal email, but I was asked to place my LCP replacement order mid-March and received them around mid-April. I guess it could depend on which kits you have that are affected. I only needed replacement parts for my -7A empennage.

Ken

I just got my email 2 weeks ago, and just got my parts this week. RV-8 ordered in May of last year, probably one of the last kits shipped without knowledge of LCP.

Call them. Seriously, I was waiting forever too, finally called sales and made sure I spoke with someone in charge. They had it fixed in minutes and parts days later. They are cranking parts out and will get it to you quickly

Call them. Seriously, I was waiting forever too, finally called sales and made sure I spoke with someone in charge. They had it fixed in minutes and parts days later. They are cranking parts out and will get it to you quickly
Same experience here - got tired of waiting and called them, had parts in the mail next day.

I just got the email for my fuse LCPs. After confirming my parts, I got an automated response telling me nearly every part, half reds and yellows, is on backorder. I know they do parts in runs, so I guess I'll be restarting my build in fall :/

I just got the email for my fuse LCPs. After confirming my parts, I got an automated response telling me nearly every part, half reds and yellows, is on backorder. I know they do parts in runs, so I guess I'll be restarting my build in fall :/
Most of mine showed as backordered when I placed my order confirmation, but Van's shipped all of them within a month. Maybe I got lucky with the parts run, and hoping you'll be lucky as well.

Most of mine showed as backordered when I placed my order confirmation, but Van's shipped all of them within a month. Maybe I got lucky with the parts run, and hoping you'll be lucky as well.
It's been more than a month on my wing LCPs confirmation (5 small parts), and still nothing. But, if my luck follows yours, I will be pleasantly surprised.

I got sick of waiting and wanted to get these wings done. I called...squeaky wheel...here is my bunch of non LCP re-done ribs. Id say ring.

Attachments

• IMG_8499.JPG
    IMG_8499.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8538.JPG
    IMG_8538.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
Back