What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 Tail Kit $4000

I am selling my RV-14 tail kit. The kit has been mostly assembled up to the point where the tail cone sides will be riveted. This kit does have LCP. I did all of the suggested prep and inspected any affected holes leading up to Vans announcing that parts would need to be replaced. Once that was announced I paused the build (Spring 2023) and haven't worked on it since. I cant bring myself to tearing apart all of the work I have done. I do have all of the replacement parts that Van's suggested, mandatory, suggested and parts that will get damaged during replacement, essentially everything that was on their list. Everything has been sorted inside.

All interior surfaces have been primed.

Comes with the tail light kit.

I can send any pictures needed at request, happy to video chat as well.

I paid $5771 for the kit, selling for $4000 pick up in Boise Idaho.
IMG_8163.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8165.jpg
    IMG_8165.jpg
    939.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9945.jpg
    IMG_9945.jpg
    563.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9946.jpg
    IMG_9946.jpg
    666.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9947.jpg
    IMG_9947.jpg
    470.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9948.jpg
    IMG_9948.jpg
    845.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9949.jpg
    IMG_9949.jpg
    833.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9950.jpg
    IMG_9950.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 36
Hey Joe, did you inspect the LCP for any cracking? The preponderance of opinion is that LCP's do not need replacing if the parts dimpled without cracks. You might be killing your project for no reason.

Edit: by inspect, I mean drill out a sample of rivets in the concerning parts, and look for cracking around the mouth of the dimple.

I have seen zero evidence of cracking and I have inspected shop heads that I can see. While I do think Van's suggesting of replacing parts is out of an abundance of caution, for my peace of mind I would want to replace the parts and I do not personally want to drill out all of those rivets. I'll leave that for someone else if they are willing to take it on.

Back