What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Required Fuselage Labels

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I need to put temp placards on for phase 1 testing because as soon as it's in phase 2, off to the paint shop it goes and all placards will be removed/replaced. Everything is permanently labeled inside the plane now.

Other than the N-number, is there anything else that is required for inspection? And might not be required but would be prudent such as fuel type/qty (required?), static ports, direction of handle to open the canopy, etc...

Data plate. And yes, don’t let the shop paint over it!
Got that one covered….so to speak. Only putting in 2 rivets so it’s easier to drill off for painting.

ordering numbers and fuel placard decals tomorrow and checking before I order.

Hey Webb, it seems like a lot of this is left up to the DAR/FSDO inspector to add over and above what's in the regs. It doesn't seem right to me but that's the world we live in.

For example, I don't see a rule anywhere that says you can't paint a data plate. Also, I don't believe there's a rule that says you have to have fuel placards on an experimental. You certainly don't need instructions on how to open the canopy, but I suppose it's not a bad idea.

Having said all that, my data plate is alodined under so that they can just mask it off and it doesn't get painted, and I put fuel stickers by my caps, just so there's no question :)

Thats all I've got on the outside of mine, so I'll let you know if he pukes all over my minimalistic approach.

Fuel stickers just need to say min octane and quantity, nothing fancy. If they're going to be replaced by with pretty ones by the paint shop you could even do temporary ones with a label maker.

Back