What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ramona transient parking?

DrillBit

Well Known Member
Friend
I'm flying my RV-9A to Ramona (KRNM) for a wedding next Saturday, May 6. The transient parking ramp is evidently closed by NOTAM. I guess I should call the FBO's on the field to make sure there's parking somewhere?

There's also another NOTAM with the text: "!RNM 02/001 RNM AD AP ALL SFC WIP 2402221642-2407310100." The FAA's plain language translation isn't very helpful. Are any Socal RVers able to shed any light?

1714372995488.png

There’s parking available at both FBOs when I was there a week ago. Probably worth a call to get a good description of where they would want you parked though so you can hit it on the first try.

The notan is for possible work in progress. The days are crazy busy with flight training traffic and I don’t recall there actually being anything worked on that I had seen.

Give John or Riley a call at Chuck Hall Aviation. 760-789-817eight
They can help you out. There’s a good amount of RVs on the field.

I’ve been told they are planning to restructure the asphalt surface to handle larger aircraft. They did some potholing; my guess is they needed to determine the existing structural and are now engineering the fix.

I'm flying my RV-9A to Ramona (KRNM) for a wedding next Saturday, May 6. The transient parking ramp is evidently closed by NOTAM. I guess I should call the FBO's on the field to make sure there's parking somewhere?

There's also another NOTAM with the text: "!RNM 02/001 RNM AD AP ALL SFC WIP 2402221642-2407310100." The FAA's plain language translation isn't very helpful. Are any Socal RVers able to shed any light?

View attachment 61705
Call Pacific for tie down there. The owner is an RV repeat offender.

-Marc

Was just at Chuck Hall. John took great care of me. $10/night parking. Gas is reasonable for California and at an FBO.
Also met Pat and Peet, RV6 owners. Great group. And, if you need a rental, Enterprise will drop the car off at the airport.

My hangar is right across from the transient parking at Pacific Executive. There is almost always one or more spots open. Call them and they will reserve one for you.

Back