What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any Hangars available in St Augustine (KSGJ)

Rick_A

Well Known Member
I keep my 7A in a rented hangar at Craig (KCRG). I am contemplating a move to St Augustine but it’s a long drive from St Aug to Craig. Not something I want to do on a regular basis.

The last I heard is that it’s next to impossible to get hangar space at SGJ. If you know anyone or have any info on getting a hangar there in a reasonable amount of time, please let me know.

Thanks in advanc, Rick

My son moved to JAX area two years ago and still looking for hangar space. He currently rents outside at KHEG. If you find anything and want to share space he would be interested. He has an RV6a.

I keep my 7A in a rented hangar at Craig (KCRG). I am contemplating a move to St Augustine but it’s a long drive from St Aug to Craig. Not something I want to do on a regular basis.

The last I heard is that it’s next to impossible to get hangar space at SGJ. If you know anyone or have any info on getting a hangar there in a reasonable amount of time, please let me know.

Thanks in advanc, Rick
Have you put your name on the list? The longer you wait to get on the list the longer it will be before your name comes up for a hangar. I rented a hangar at Flagler (KFIN) for a few years until one became available in StA. From StA, KFIN is a shorter drive than KCRG.

BTW, StA will be building more hangars soon. ;)

Have you put your name on the list? The longer you wait to get on the list the longer it will be before your name comes up for a hangar. I rented a hangar at Flagler (KFIN) for a few years until one became available in StA. From StA, KFIN is a shorter drive than KCRG.

BTW, StA will be building more hangars soon. ;)
I put my name on the list about the time that I made the original post. - I am some where around #250! I spoke with a very nice woman that works for the airport authority who said everybody knows that the list needs to be cleaned up. She said they were considering making people put down a refundable deposit to stay on the list.

However, there is a good chance that I will remain at KCRG (Craig). I might even buy one of the new hangers being built at CRG.

I put my name on the list about the time that I made the original post. - I am some where around #250! I spoke with a very nice woman that works for the airport authority who said everybody knows that the list needs to be cleaned up. She said they were considering making people put down a refundable deposit to stay on the list.

However, there is a good chance that I will remain at KCRG (Craig). I might even buy one of the new hangers being built at CRG.
FWIW; historically for every hangar that comes available between 5 - 8 people decline it. That is why I think refundable deposits will cut the list by about 60% or maybe more. With more hangars being built, almost ready to award the build contract, the time frame for getting a hangar will be significantly shorter. Hang in there. ;)

Back