What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WTB - Thunderbolt IO-390-EXP119 Engine

foshejh

I'm New Here
Looking to purchase a Thunderbolt IO-390-EXP119 engine. Just received an e-mail from Vans that has delayed our engine another 12 months. Willing to pay above market value for a new engine that someone has in hand (i.e. still in the crate).

Our scheduled production date is September 2025. Certainly willing to "trade" our future engine for your current engine (plus additional cash!).

I know it is a long shot, but maybe someone would rather have cash now and a bright, shiny new engine in 16 months?

Thanks so much!

-John Foshee
334 7 niner niner 18 niner 8

This guy just posted his for sale.
IMG_1478.png

sc_pilot,
Thank you so much for your help! The aviation community and this forum is so wonderful!

I actually spoke with FlyGuy645 earlier today about his engine. Ideally, I would love to purchase a Thunderbolt engine, if possible.

Thanks again for sharing this lead!

-John Foshee

The Thunderbolt engine option is a waste of money IMO. There are no practical benefits, or none that can be recognizable.

The Thunderbolt engine option is a waste of money IMO. There are no practical benefits, or none that can be recognizable.
Plenty to recognize, purchaser gets to choose value vs cost. You have experience with a TB engine? Just because you can't understand the value doesn't mean others can't. Mine is extremely smooth and looks great, did I mention extremely smooth? 700 flawless hours.

Last edited:
I have a thunderbolt IO-360 coming in the next month or two that I would be willing to swap delivery dates with. Albeit a 360 but in the build window.

Tim,
Thank you so much for your reply. I have made a deal to purchase another engine and trade delivery dates with a fellow VAF member. Very appreciative of your offer though. Thanks, and I hope you have a great week!

-John Foshee

Back