What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WTB - Whelen Power Supply

jselvatici

Well Known Member
Folks,
One of my strobe light power supply gave up…
Wondering if anyone here have one to sell that is in a working condition and it’s not going to use anymore. (Maybe went LED…)
PN: 01-0770062-03
Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_8115.jpeg
    IMG_8115.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
I have one due to a LED conversion but let me check for correct model #. Will let you know later today or tomorrow.

If the unit has been sitting around for a while, they do not like to start up full-speed immediately. Consider adding power slowly. Power: one flash. Shut it off and wait some. Power: two flashes, shut it off and wait some. Then 3 flashes, 4 flashes and 5 flashes. In other words: slowly tickle them back in to powering the strobes. I have the main power module running both strobes and, after sitting (too long), this brought it back to full function. Someone said the 'condenser pots' don't like inactivity. YMMV

Folks,
One of my strobe light power supply gave up…
Wondering if anyone here have one to sell that is in a working condition and it’s not going to use anymore. (Maybe went LED…)
PN: 01-0770062-03
Thank you.

There are TWO electrolytic capacitors in that power supply and they go bad after 15 to 18 years or at least mine did. The electrolytic capacitor must be made out of unobtainium as I could not find a replacement so replaced the power supply. Back when I did it, they were about 1/3 the price Aircraft Spruce wants now.

If the unit has been sitting around for a while, they do not like to start up full-speed immediately. Consider adding power slowly. Power: one flash. Shut it off and wait some. Power: two flashes, shut it off and wait some. Then 3 flashes, 4 flashes and 5 flashes. In other words: slowly tickle them back in to powering the strobes. I have the main power module running both strobes and, after sitting (too long), this brought it back to full function. Someone said the 'condenser pots' don't like inactivity. YMMV
The part number in the photo is for a power supply that only powers one strobe.

Back