What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Who's going to fly in the race near Lubbock?

Bob Axsom

Well Known Member
I'm planning on making the trip to Lubbock to fly in the Cross Country Air Race on the 11th of November. I don't have a clue how that (mph x mph) x mpg x ((useful load)/Vso) x .001 = EPR formula will plan out in application but what the heck, a cross country race with a $10 entry fee does not come along every day. This is strictly a fun event according to the flyer but it is a whole lot more fun if you win I'll bet. Anybody else going to fly the race?

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
That's it

I just got back from the airport and saw your query John. The one Sam posted is the one I am planning to go to with my wife. I'll have a few more refinements under the cowl by then I'm sure. Hope you can make it.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
Last Entry List I Received

The last entry list I received had 5 planes entered:

Axsom (me) RV-6A
Benton RV-4
Berry - ?
Hogue ?
Saint - Glassair II

John Huft - RV-8 is thinking about it.

Anyone know what Berry and Hogue are flying?

The entry fee is $10 and the winner gets 65% of the pot, second get 25% and third gets 10%. There is also some social activity planned but I don't know the details. I think the organizer Cam Benton just sees a need and is doing all the organizing on his own to make it happen. We ought to be able to respond with more than 5 entries.

Bob Axsom

Dan Berry?

Is the Berry with the RV-6, Dan Berry from Longmont, CO who recently installed an IO-360. If so that is great! This guy is some kind of Mechanical Engineer ... and I mean that is the most complementary way.

Bob Axsom

West Texas 100

I was planning on bringing my semi-finished RV-4 for the West Texas 100, but I heard it was cancelled. Anyone have more information?

Tim

It has been cancelled

Cam sent out a notification a few days ago and it was noted here that the race was cancelled for lack of interest. There is another race scheduled for the same date (11-11-06) and if you look in the main section of this website for 11-3-06 it was advertized here. I think it is called the Rocket 100 and it is based in Texas.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
Rocket 100

Thanks for the update. I just received an email from Cam saying the same. I hate that it was cancelled since it is right here in my backyard, but the Rocket 100 sounds like a great time. I'll see if I can work out some logistics and make a run down there.

Tim

Back