What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WDYDWYRTW? 9/21-22/2024

Tom & Bonnie flew from N TX to Nashua NH on Friday and Saturday in our RV7a. Flew to PA Friday to get ahead of weather and did make it.

1726944515927.png

our summer group went up to intervale NH86 last week. a private paved runway just east of concord NH. a short walk to the base of pats peak ski area and we have a nice pancake house. 8 hungary pilots arrive. summer is winding down, time to head south.
IMG_6414.jpeg

IMG_6413.jpeg

IMG_6412.jpeg

IMG_6409.jpeg

Some of the FIRST generation of wind generators were tested there. Don't know if they are still there. They looked HUGE at the time but might just be what we normally see now. Looks like the old hangar is gone. The airport beacon is on a concrete stand with an ARROW pointing North West, as I recall. Interesting in-the-middle-of-nowhere spot!

Flew down to Independence to be a part of the Young Eagles rally organized by EAA 292. Twelve pilots flew 59 kids! As you might guess based on the location, RVs were well represented, with three RV-12s (including the one that I flew) and two RV-9s, out of the twelve airplanes. The other airplanes were also pretty neat: A Grumman, a Jabiru, a Luscombe, a Stinson, an Aeroprakt… I think there was only one Cessna!

Picture below of the three RV-12s, after the event was over and people were leaving.

I hadn't done a Young Eagles rally since 2019. Definitely going to be doing this more often. I'm really glad that there is now a website with information about "Young Eagles Day"s searchable by location and date, and with contact information about the organizers. Next year I hope to be able to do at least 2 or 3.

EAA292-Eagles-RV12.jpg

Back