What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

V6 stereo/mono issue

jbstok

I've posted this on the MGL forum, but so far no response. Do you guys have any thoughts?

BTW, I've done my comparisons between the front and back with the same headset, and more than one headset, so I don't think that's the issue.

I've recently installed a V6 in an RV-8. It's working fine except for one issue that has me stumped. When listening to a music input, the rear cockpit only gets sound on one ear. Both the radio reception and the intercom work normally, with sound coming from both ears. All sound in the front cockpit works normally. I used the MGL harness, but had to lengthen it for both cockpits and wired both headset jacks the same. I'm having no luck figuring this out after double checking the wiring. Why would only the back cockpit be affected, and why only the music input? Any ideas?

..........JB

Sounds like the problem is inside the radio:
1. Has it ever worked correctly?
2. If the connector is crimp pin, use pin removal tool & swap Pilot & Pax and see if the problem moves to front seat.

GH

Thanks for the response (both places).

This is the way it started out, so no, it's never worked correctly (just got it done last week).

I'll see if I can track down my pin removal tool and try swapping positions in the harness. That sure ought to narrow it down. Thanks for the suggestion.

..........JB

Back