What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Static cling on canopy

Theflightrisk

I'm New Here
Anybody tried static cling on the canopy? Sounds like it might stay for a while and be slow to remove on own. Then can remove and re apply without any harm or residue left behind.

You can remove it years afterward. This is to protect the canopy from scratches. Keep it on even when you are fitting the plexiglas to the frame. You will be surprised how easily the plexiglass can get scratches. If you remove it from some reason and need to reapply it, Homedepot sells the same roll in the packaging supply.

Been doing it for over two decades. (26+ years) I use to leave it on all summer and remove it for the winter. Have also left it on for over three years and still no issue taking it off and putting it back on. I am talking about the "Static Cling" sun shade that is over my head on over both the left and right seat.

What I have cost $12 from Pep-Boys over 23-years ago. It made three pieces and only two were used on the airplane.

Been doing it for over two decades. (26+ years) I use to leave it on all summer and remove it for the winter. Have also left it on for over three years and still no issue taking it off and putting it back on. I am talking about the "Static Cling" sun shade that is over my head on over both the left and right seat.

What I have cost $12 from Pep-Boys over 23-years ago. It made three pieces and only two were used on the airplane.
Do you have any pictures ?

I used a static cling sunshade and left it on for three years. Upon removal, it has left some residual marking the same color as the tint. Used Plexi cleaner and clear water with -0- effect. Doesn't scrape off with my fingernail. It is still there since I don't want damage from more aggressive cleaner. Suggestions?

I used a static cling sunshade and left it on for three years. Upon removal, it has left some residual marking the same color as the tint. Used Plexi cleaner and clear water with -0- effect. Doesn't scrape off with my fingernail. It is still there since I don't want damage from more aggressive cleaner. Suggestions?
I used this product bought from Aircraft Spruce to removed scratches and smudges from my canopy after final assembly. It has 4 grades of polish, coarse to extra fine to remove all the swirl marks.

Capture.JPG

Back