What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SOLD: Bluetooth LIFT Flight Helmet 1300$ OBO, Softie Seat Pack Parachute 2500$ OBO

Gabe214

Up for sale, used Lift flight helmet with Carbon Fiber Visor. Bought during Oshkosh 2022 to use during aerobatic practice to prevent my headset falling off. Has tiger performance Bluetooth with PNR, coiled chord. Used a handful of times, excellent condition. Asking 1300$ obo.

Also up for sale, a never used (thankfully) a Softie Seatpack parachute. Bought new from Greg Koontz in 2021, the chute has been well kept in climate controlled areas. It comes with a waterproof carry bag, cross country cushion and a back pad to prevent sweat from soaking through and damaging the risers. It’s been repacked once, needs repacking before aerobatic use. Softie currently sells these at 3700$. Asking 2500$ or best offer.

Call or text, 6019132794

- Gabe

Attachments

• IMG_5073.jpeg
    IMG_5073.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_5072.jpeg
    IMG_5072.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5071.jpeg
    IMG_5071.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5076.jpeg
    IMG_5076.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5075.jpeg
    IMG_5075.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_5074.jpeg
    IMG_5074.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3985.jpeg
    IMG_3985.jpeg
    233.3 KB · Views: 84
How did this softie compare in the RV8? I know they recommend there small back mounted option normally. I was always curious if this parachute would work better due to the seat constraints and distance to panel.

How did this softie compare in the RV8? I know they recommend there small back mounted option normally. I was always curious if this parachute would work better due to the seat constraints and distance to panel.
Great question! I actually preferred my seatpack to the backpack style that my buddy has. With the cushions removed, I sat back an extra 1” or so and the cushion being about the same thickness as the parachute, I fit in like a glove. I personally preferred flying with my chute as it really just felt like I had more cockpit room and was plenty comfortable! There’s no way you could tell me to get a small back mounted chute. I couldn’t fit with one. Now in the back seat? The backpack chute is the only way to go. It fits perfectly in the cushion slot.

- Gabriel

Back