What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SL-30 display brightness control

APACHE 56

Well Known Member
Occasionally my SL-30 display will go dark to point where it is not decipherable. Typically it is after an exposure to direct sunlight which I?d think would result in a very bright display. It returns to normal eventually. I tried blocking the sensor (upper left corner) to no avail. Does this indicate a failure mode or is it an annoying behavioral characteristic of the model?
Thanks,
Don

Don,

Why don't you try disabling the automatic dimming function. Go to SYS, then High Display Intensity, set to zero. Now go to Low Display Intensity and control the display brightness manually. You can also play around with the automatic settings as they may be set incorrectly for your conditions. See page 26 in the User's Guide. Hope this helps. :)

Don,

Why don't you try disabling the automatic dimming function. Go to SYS, then High Display Intensity, set to zero. Now go to Low Display Intensity and control the display brightness manually. You can also play around with the automatic settings as they may be set incorrectly for your conditions. See page 26 in the User's Guide. Hope this helps. :)

Thanks Pat, I'll give that a try.
Don

Back