What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question..Hydraulic fluid started dripping from bottom right side of fuselage by the right landing gear area

bleaus64

I'm New Here
Has anybody had this happen to them? Or heard of it happening? I was thinking it might be the fitting located in that area? What is the best way to access that area…myself and a mechanic are heading to the airport tomorrow to have a look….any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Has anybody had this happen to them? Or heard of it happening? I was thinking it might be the fitting located in that area? What is the best way to access that area…myself and a mechanic are heading to the airport tomorrow to have a look….any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Sounds like it is from the brakes.

You don’t say if you have an iS or ULS, but if it’s an iS with gun-drilled gear legs, I’d look at the brake fittings attached to the gear legs.

Attachments

• IMG_1962.jpeg
    IMG_1962.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Yeah I looked at schematic and looks like it’s from potentially the fitting by the main gear arm.. I’m hoping ther is a way to tighten the fitting….if that’s the problem 🤞 without needing to remove the gear?

You don’t say if you have an iS or ULS, but if it’s an iS with gun-drilled gear legs, I’d look at the brake fittings attached to the gear legs.
Hey and thank you that photo!! That’s very helpful 👍 I am hoping the fitting just needs to be retightened

Back