What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pitot questions

TShort

Well Known Member
Anyone have any info on the Dynon pitot?
Is it still available? I can't find anything on their web page.

Still trying to decide which pitot to use. Think I may go with the SafeAir1 mast, but not sure about which tube. I'm not sure I like the way the gretz pitot tube looks.

Any thoughts?

Thomas

Thomas,

I abandoned my plans for using the Dynon EFIS because I couldn't rely upon them for delivering a HEATED AOA pitot. These 2 things are important to me. I chose Advanced Flight in light of this. It seems like it will materialize the way I want.

Also, I do have the SafeAir mast! It is a chromoly steel tube that is simple to install and very well welded! The price is right and they answer emails, unlike Gretz. Call me crazy, but response from a company is important to me. I looked at Gretz first and then I found SafeAir.

FWIW, there ya have it!

:) CJ

I have the Dynon, bought it about 6 weeks ago. I might not use it. I'm going with the GRT Dual Sport package and the AOA is not needed for that. I'm just leaving the bottom skin off until I make a final decision. I'm probably not going to use heated.

Back