What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Petit Jean 2024 is happening. UPDATE 9/18/24 in Post #19.... The Gathering on the RV Mountain is ...ON!

BillSchlatterer

Well Known Member
Sponsor
We finally snagged the dates, cleared the State Parks, got the Rockefeller Center lined up and now all we need is you :) Emails have gone out, people are talking, rooms are going to be scarce but always lots of room for Campers. The website is open for registration so now is the time to RESERVE MY ROOM! Read on,... it's going to be another awesome weekend on the RV Mountain! Check out the pictures and video and then hop on the Registration Tab and RESERVE MY ROOM!

Click here --> Petit Jean FlyIn Website

2024 Cover Shot.jpg

The 2024 RV Gathering is ON ON ON. :) We will be gathering on the Petit Jean Mountain KMPJ on September 27-29 with an early arrival day on Thursday the 26th. Usual great dinner at Mather Thursday night. Everything else is at the Rockefeller Center or on the ramp. From just hanging with old friends, to walking some amazing nature trials, and even taking a shot at some of those dastardly Petit Jean Trained Balloons with your fighter RVs... it's just going to be an awesome all RV Easy weekend on the Mountain. So yes.. It's all RV and it's happening on the RV Mountain at Petit Jean. Ask around ... a couple hundred of your closest RV buddies and buddettes can't be wrong ;) Rooms are already scarce...

img_2022_09_19_195026_01-90978069.png

Check out Paul & Beth Duffs video from 2021 and then book it tonight!

img_2022_07_07_182852_01-59252107.jpg

What do I do now Welllll.... how about you can check out all the details at www.PetitJeanFlyIn.com and use the Reserve My Room process on the Registration Page of the website. For some detailed reading on the RESERVE MY ROOM process you can check out the link to this PDF http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/view...d=8274391&da=y

Remember, everything we use has to be hauled up to the mountain so planning is really big for food and transportation. Even if you don't need rooms, we still need you to register so we know you're coming. If you don't do anything else, please fill out the online registration form if you're planning on coming.... and then just let us know if you're not!

Click here for the OnLine Registration ... https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PetitJean2024

We're hard at it... planning, packing, and getting ready just so you can have that special RV Easy weekend on the mountain. All your Petit Jean friends, lot'sa great food, great flying skills great trails, more green slushies , and whatever else entertains you! Hope you can make it to the RV Mountain ... bring a friend, make a friend, leave with a forever friend ....we'll be looking for you...75 miles out

Sponsored by EAA 165, Pres. Jerry Homsley and all the Petit Jean Indians! Please let us know if you're coming Thursday, that's always a scramble but we got you covered!

img_2016_10_24_201906_01-64473211.jpg

Please let us know if you are coming ... Click here for the OnLine Registration https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PetitJean2024

We'll be looking for you on the RV Mountain!

:)

Last edited:
The last weekend in September is a great time to be on Petit Jean Mountain (KMPJ) with a hundred or more RVs some great food and just an RV-EZ weekend! From early responses, we are expecting a record number of folks on the RV Mountain. Can’t wait to see you. Go to the website now to get registered and hold your spot…
PetitJeanRVFlyin.com

Just a little update. Most of the regulars have booked and we are sitting around 75 airplanes and 130 of your RV Buddies and Buddettes planning to be on the RV Mountain in September. We are currently booked at about 80% of Lodge Capacity. Get your rooms locked down now, this is looking like it will be a full house.

Questions or Issues contact me at [email protected] or just check out the website for details, pictures, and video www.PetitJeanRVFlyIn.com

See ya on the Mountain!

Bill

Will be my first one... very excited!

A Cirrus friend wants to come visit with his family... let's give him a hard time 😆🤪

Even if you come in a Bonanza, Cessna, Piper, or whatever be sure to come. We do have a separate parking area for non RV's but everyone is welcome. This is the biggest RV fly-in in the USA, short of Oshkosh I am pretty sure we beat Sun-N-Fun. Really fun in a laid back atmosphere, in a state park, on a mountaintop, with a huge runway.

If my 8 is in phase 1, will I be an outcast if I come in a Bonanza?
Heck yeah. Spam cans welcome. It's as much about the people as anything else. My first Petit Jean I was ferrying a Super Cub across the country and bent my course line to drop in unannounced. Very nice people, beautiful venue and I had a blast. It's a great place to get detailed looks at RVs and talk to their owners in a nice relaxed atmosphere.

Last edited:
Fig, the Brits have always yelled foul! We still are free in America including free speech. Even the ballons know. I think you missed from my vantage point. I saw what I saw.

Is tent camping at the airport next to your plane?

Or is there a formal tent camping area and if so, how far is it from where you'll tie down?

Is tent camping at the airport next to your plane?

Or is there a formal tent camping area and if so, how far is it from where you'll tie down?
Formal camping area with gravel tent pads, fire rings and shower house. Trees for shade. Nice place!

Filled up the form, can't contain my excitement!!! 😎😎😎 Also visiting a few of the FlyOz strips...

Question @BillSchlatterer
What kind of formation flying activities usually take place at Petit Jean? I was hoping to attend the Pine Bluff clinic this year, but looks like there isn't one planned. Hoping I can get an "official" start to my formation flying learning journey or some guidance from the experts.

If my 8 is in phase 1, will I be an outcast if I come in a Bonanza?
Nope, but you have to be RV related.... meaning you have an RV, want an RV, building an RV, know somebody who can spell RV ;-) Actually the only real requirement is that you are a Vans fan and intend to buy, build, and fly an RV of some sort. Be aware, we do have special parking for "big wheel" airplanes. Just come on, it's a hoot!

UPDATE 9/18/ 2024 Hey, we've about got it all done! The grass is getting cut this week, holes are getting filled, deer have been requested to vamos the area, we're final cutting the campground next week, food is being ordered, cold drinks are being "acquired", buying helium for the Balloon event, snagging golf carts and delux facilities.

All that to say that life is getting ready to be grand on the RV Mountain.
😁👍🙌

Please know that we are inside our two week registration period and now the Desk at the Rockefeller Institute will be handling all of the room bookings and changes directly. That number is 501 727-5435. Please be sure to fill out the OnLine Registration Survey in the link below so that we know you're coming and have food and transport available. Bill's concierge service is closed but the inn is open 😊

Remember that we have provisions for early arrivals on Thursday. Camping is no problem, but if you haven't already contacted me for rooms for Thursday, please do. No matter what happens, we will have a roof for you but it's easier to set up ahead of time. Anticipating about 30 airplanes on Thursday and that will mean about 60-75 folks for our usual great unplanned dinner at Mather Lodge Thursday night. Yes, they are a licensed club and have adult beverages ;)

Here is all you need to bring:
  • You and a friend ... make sure they like to smile a LOT. This is the most spouse or SO friendly fly in event you will ever attend. We make it easy. We provide all food, beverages and transportation to and from the trails, Rockefeller Center, the antique Automobile Museum, and most importantly... the Candy Store. tie down areas,
  • No food required, ... really we have it all... ask anyone :cool: Bring any favorite adult beverage on your own but we have soft drinks and green slushies, lots of water and ice.
  • Bring your favorite folding chair for ramp sitting and BRING TIE DOWNS ... 80% of our parking is in good solid grass.
That's it for now... if you're registered, look for email updates early next week. If you're not ... get busy 😊

Jerry Homsley, Pres. EAA 165, and all the Petit Jean Indians are charged up and ready! We'll be looking for you on the RV Mountain!

[email protected]

😊

We finally snagged the dates, cleared the State Parks, got the Rockefeller Center lined up and now all we need is you :) Emails have gone out, people are talking, rooms are going to be scarce but always lots of room for Campers. The website is open for registration so now is the time to RESERVE MY ROOM! Read on,... it's going to be another awesome weekend on the RV Mountain! Check out the pictures and video and then hop on the Registration Tab and RESERVE MY ROOM!

Click here --> Petit Jean FlyIn Website

View attachment 68558

The 2024 RV Gathering is ON ON ON. :) We will be gathering on the Petit Jean Mountain KMPJ on September 27-29 with an early arrival day on Thursday the 26th. Usual great dinner at Mather Thursday night. Everything else is at the Rockefeller Center or on the ramp. From just hanging with old friends, to walking some amazing nature trials, and even taking a shot at some of those dastardly Petit Jean Trained Balloons with your fighter RVs... it's just going to be an awesome all RV Easy weekend on the Mountain. So yes.. It's all RV and it's happening on the RV Mountain at Petit Jean. Ask around ... a couple hundred of your closest RV buddies and buddettes can't be wrong ;) Rooms are already scarce...

img_2022_09_19_195026_01-90978069.png

Check out Paul & Beth Duffs video from 2021 and then book it tonight!

img_2022_07_07_182852_01-59252107.jpg

What do I do now Welllll.... how about you can check out all the details at www.PetitJeanFlyIn.com and use the Reserve My Room process on the Registration Page of the website. For some detailed reading on the RESERVE MY ROOM process you can check out the link to this PDF http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/view...d=8274391&da=y

Remember, everything we use has to be hauled up to the mountain so planning is really big for food and transportation. Even if you don't need rooms, we still need you to register so we know you're coming. If you don't do anything else, please fill out the online registration form if you're planning on coming.... and then just let us know if you're not!

Click here for the OnLine Registration Survey ... https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PetitJean2024

We're hard at it... planning, packing, and getting ready just so you can have that special RV Easy weekend on the mountain. All your Petit Jean friends, lot'sa great food, great flying skills great trails, more green slushies , and whatever else entertains you! Hope you can make it to the RV Mountain ... bring a friend, make a friend, leave with a forever friend ....we'll be looking for you...75 miles out

Sponsored by EAA 165, Pres. Jerry Homsley and all the Petit Jean Indians! Please let us know if you're coming Thursday, that's always a scramble but we got you covered!

img_2016_10_24_201906_01-64473211.jpg

Please let us know if you are coming ... if you haven't already .... Click here for the OnLine Registration Survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PetitJean2024

Jerry Homsley, Pres. EAA 165, and all the Petit Jean Indians are charged up and ready! We'll be looking for you on the RV Mountain!

:)

Filled up the form, can't contain my excitement!!! 😎😎😎 Also visiting a few of the FlyOz strips...

Question @BillSchlatterer
What kind of formation flying activities usually take place at Petit Jean? I was hoping to attend the Pine Bluff clinic this year, but looks like there isn't one planned. Hoping I can get an "official" start to my formation flying learning journey or some guidance from the experts.
There is ALWAYS some formation flying at Petit Jean even though it is not a official formation clinic. Just show up and it should be easy to find a few guys to help you get your feet wet in formation flying.

That's it for now... if you're registered, look for email updates early next week. If you're not ... get busy 😊

[email protected]

😊
One week out .. Thursday early arrival crowd is getting to be 25-30 planes. Camping still open, might be one or two cancellations at the Rockefeller Center.

I'm headed in for camping, Friday and Saturday night. Arrival before lunch Friday if weather holds.

Back