What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PAR100EX Installed but unused audio inputs

tailcreek_flyer

I am in the process of building my PAR100EX wiring harness. Its a pretty simple install with pilot and co-pilot headsets and the supplied R760 transceiver on COM2. I intend to connect other input sources for music at a later date but would like to install the wiring in the harness now. This also applies for my COM1, primary transceiver which will be installed once I start to make miles in my RV9A.
How should I handle these open ended inputs to the PAR100EX system? Will it suffice to leave them coiled and tagged behind the panel or should I wait until I am ready and then add them to the harness as required (least desireable option)? I would think that if the shields are installed as specified and the conductor pairs are isolated, I should be OK.
Cam Andres
RV9A with Aerosport IO360
Building log
www.tailcreek.com/tcaviate

I would install the wiring now, as it is hard to go back and add in the common shield grounding and opening up the harness. So I would add it all in and then coil up and use shrink tubing to close off the ends of the unused cables so they don't make contact with anything.

Thanks Mark, I figured that was the best way to go but wanted to confirm that I wasn't creating a pathway into the system for noise. The shields on the future inputs should prevent that from happening.
Cam

Back