What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PAR100EX Comm Location?

Dbro172

Well Known Member
Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on where to mount the remote Comm radio box for the Par100ex in a side by side model?

Here is where I put mine on a 7 Slider

IMG_0944_zps1f60abae.jpg

Last edited:
I am very pleased with where I mounted mine after 18 hours of flying so far. I centered the radio stack on the panel with the PAR100EX on top since it has a short tray. I measured carefully and positioned it just under the center rib.

Mike, how about the remote mounted comm box, did you mount it to the sub panel, stick it in the tail, etc? And how's it working for you?

I like what flyguy did, that seems to make the most sense right now.

Last edited:
Mike, how about the remote mounted comm box, did you mount it to the sub panel, stick it in the tail, etc? And how's it working for you?

I like what flyguy did, that seems to make the most sense right now.

Sorry, overlooked "remote" radio in your original post. I mounted my remote radio box on the inboard side of the left forward fuse rib forward of the subpane, but I if I had dual Dynons then I think Flyguytki's location is great. I have some old fashion plumbing in that location, so it took up a lot of space in that area. It is amazing what amount of space the new technology frees up.

Back