What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

molex connector pins

VETE76

Well Known Member
when you get an icom radio and use the 30 pin molex plug you need almost 30of those pins. now if you're dumb like me, you buy them from icom america for $1.71 ea. then you find them at aircraft spruce (very difficult to find in cat!) they aren't much less!! well i decided to change things and needed to rewire the plug again. so i found a company named mouser!!! called them and the salesman said "oh, you looking for that icom plug pin all the avionics people get. we have 3,200 in stock how many do you want?" i asked if they had a min and he said no. how much? $.22 ea. WOW. i bought 50! and had them 2nd day aired and paid way less than only buying a few from the other sources.

Not to take away from any of the advertisers on this site (which I would always use first for avionics); I can tell you that Mouser, Allied Electronics, Newark, A.E. Petsche and Electro Enterprises were great sources while I was doing all my electrical work.

Back