What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X voltage reading

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
If the power source is battery only (engine not running), should the voltage displayed on the G3X be zero since there isn’t an alternator running or display the battery voltage?

Attachments

• IMG_1899.png
    IMG_1899.png
    13.4 MB · Views: 3
I guess it might depend on where you are measuring the voltage, but I can't really figure out any way that the voltage should be reading at zero. In other words, I think you have a bad sensor.

Typically, you'd see about 12V when running on battery and about 14V when the alternator is running.

If the power source is battery only (engine not running), should the voltage displayed on the G3X be zero
This will certainly happen if there is 0 V on the input you have configured to read voltage. More information about your installation would be required to offer specific advice.

Last edited:
If the power source is battery only (engine not running), should the voltage displayed on the G3X be zero since there isn’t an alternator running or display the battery voltage?
There is no external sensor for voltage.
If the sensing wire, for some reason is not connected or the input has not been configured then 0V will be displayed.
In configuration mode, check that the GEA24 Voltage setting is set to other than "None". "Main bus" would be logical in most installations.

Good luck

This will certainly happen if there is 0 V on the input you have configured to read voltage. More information about your installation would be required to offer specific advice.
issue Fixed. Checked schematics and the input is on volts 2 from the IBBS. Changed the configuration from Volts 1 to 2 and turned on IBBS.
Thanks for the clue on where to look.

Back