What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flightstream 510 and Garmin Pilot vs Foreflight

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Perhaps it was familiarity with Foreflight that I found it more to my liking than Garmin Pilot. After giving GP a try for the past year, I an inclined to return to FF. Now comes the deciding factor - Does the Flightstream function as well with FF as it does with GP?

I have a Flightstream 510 in the GTN750Xi in our 182. It works fine with ForeFlight EXCEPT for the Database Concierge.

Perhaps it was familiarity with Foreflight that I found it more to my liking than Garmin Pilot. After giving GP a try for the past year, I an inclined to return to FF. Now comes the deciding factor - Does the Flightstream function as well with FF as it does with GP?
I've had the 510 running FF for several years mostly without any hiccups. Here in the last few revisions of either the IOS, or FF's program, it's even better. I, 9 out of 10 times, now don't even have to check the blue tooth connection for xfers between my 650 and ipad, either way, or in the PC12 the dual 750,s and my ipad/FF. Just fire everything up and it asks me if I want to upload the FP and inflight it works flawlessly either way.
While GP is less expensive, I readily pay for the FF premium subscriptions which give me very accurate performance profiles and flight planning.
If it wasn't for having to use GP to upload databases, I wouldn't have it on my ipad.
Now if Garmin could just get their GADM to work, life would be great in the cockpit.

Back