What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flight Tech ITC-402P

drmax

Well Known Member
Does anyone have one of these in their panel? I'll ask the questions after I get a response. Thx DM

I have the 404-SP. Four Place stereo version.
Hello. I have this in my rv9a. In the "all" position, and from what I got from the designer from over in Illinois...that the mic is "hot" at all times in this function. I have an older passive Pilot brand headset. It seems I'm hearing quite a bit of noise. The company said I can pull the unit, open cover and tweak the gain, squelch, and other settings...however it is pretty much adjusted from the factory (or wherever the heck it's built) I just wanted your opinion on the unit, and also what type of headset you're using. I'm about to pull the trigger on a Sierra Lightspeed. Thank you, DM

Flight tech

I have the Quiet Technologies "Halo" headsets. They work well on my unit. Lightspeed headsets should work good as well.

The unit doesn't like miss matched headsets, at least mine doesn't and it's a PITA to open up and adjust if it's installed in an inaccessible place. The instructions should have a section on making that adjustment. Try your new headsets before you try adjusting the intercom.

I like it because you don't have to make a sound to "break" squelch to begin talking and once it's set up, it's pretty much transparent in operation.

I have the Quiet Technologies "Halo" headsets. They work well on my unit. Lightspeed headsets should work good as well.

The unit doesn't like miss matched headsets, at least mine doesn't and it's a PITA to open up and adjust if it's installed in an inaccessible place. The instructions should have a section on making that adjustment. Try your new headsets before you try adjusting the intercom.

I like it because you don't have to make a sound to "break" squelch to begin talking and once it's set up, it's pretty much transparent in operation.

i see your headset. i don't quite see how you can keep any noise out? Anyway's thx for the advice. I do have a mismatched issue, so most likely i'll be getting to pair of headsets....EEKS!

Headsets

The "Halo" headset works really well at blocking sound. Better than any pasive headset and as good as most "active" ANR headsets. Your head doesn't feel like it's in a vice after a couple of hours either.

The "Halo" headset works really well at blocking sound. Better than any pasive headset and as good as most "active" ANR headsets. Your head doesn't feel like it's in a vice after a couple of hours either.

PM sent. thank you

Back