What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Enlarging Fuel Line Brackets for 3/8" Return Line

czechsix

Well Known Member
For those of you who have installed a 3/8" return line in your RV-14, how did you enlarge the upper slot in the UHMW fuel line brackets (F-01498A & B)? They come from Van's sized for 1/4" return lines but it looks like SDS and DeltaHawk installations are both using 3/8" return lines. I'm thinking it would work to screw the two halves together and then run the unibit in from each side to 3/8", then disassemble and enlarge the slots to match the hole, but thought I'd ask what others have found to work (or not work) to do this.

Thanks,

For those of you who have installed a 3/8" return line in your RV-14, how did you enlarge the upper slot in the UHMW fuel line brackets (F-01498A & B)? They come from Van's sized for 1/4" return lines but it looks like SDS and DeltaHawk installations are both using 3/8" return lines. I'm thinking it would work to screw the two halves together and then run the unibit in from each side to 3/8", then disassemble and enlarge the slots to match the hole, but thought I'd ask what others have found to work (or not work) to do this.

Thanks,
This is going back 6 years + but I'm pretty sure the return bung already installed in the QB tank VA-141was for a 3/8" return line. The vents where 1/4". Fuel line brackets F-01498 where for the supply lines and new brackets probably need to be added for the return lines.

Last edited:
I stacked A & B brackets, then freehanded w/ a Dremel IOT to make the slight adjustment to align w/ original mounts.

Thanks,
We make the returns in 3/8 tube, and make our own version of the F01498A&B to accomodate the 2 3/8 tubes.
Tom

Attachments

• End ribs with modified clips.jpg
    End ribs with modified clips.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 33
  • duplex fuel lines.jpg
    duplex fuel lines.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 31
We make the returns in 3/8 tube, and make our own version of the F01498A&B to accomodate the 2 3/8 tubes.
Tom
Do your fuel line brackets fit under the standard aluminum cover that is provided in the RV-14 kit, or does that need to be replaced/modified to make room for them?

Do your fuel line brackets fit under the standard aluminum cover that is provided in the RV-14 kit, or does that need to be replaced/modified to make room for them?
I have these in my -14. There’s no other modifications required. All that changes is the groove for the larger line is bigger to accommodate.

Back