What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ease of entry 7a or 8a

For the pilot, not much difference. For the passenger, I think the 8a is a little easier because of the pilot seat support. You can use it to pull yourself up out of the seat. In both planes you need to step on the seat to get in and out. YMMV

Which is easier to enter and exit, a 7a or an 8a?
I have a 6 and an 8. For **ME** the 6 is far easier. Not even close if you are considering the back seat of an 8.
But, a person larger than me might find it a little harder with the 6/7/9 based on how the front seat area is configured.

Also, there are some aftermarket "exit foot step assistance" bars that you can buy and add to the 6/7/9.

I own a -9A and have owned a -8A. As for ease of entry, get a small, collapsible step stool and ease of entry will be, well, easy. Tie a string to it so you can pull it into the plane after you. Both planes had the stock boarding steps.

Something like https://www.amazon.com/ACSTEP-Folda...7230331&sprefix=folding+step+s,aps,161&sr=8-7

I've had CFI friends who got motion sick in the back of the -8A due so side to side motions indiscernible in the front, so that's one point in favor of the -7A.

Back