What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

display on the GTN 750

Robert Anglin

Well Known Member
Dose anyone know how the remote audio panel and the remote transonder are displaed on the GTN 750. Garmin has told us that both can be used on the 750 but only the transponder on the 650 for now? I think the remotes are the ES 33 and the GMA 35. Thanks
Yours as always R.E.A. III #80888

Thanks

Thanks for you links. It sometimes take 3-4 work days to get Garmin to answer back. Asking here is much faster and most often as is needed in this case, none certfied related. Yours as always R.E.A. III # 80888

Remote Audio Panel

Thanks for you links. It sometimes take 3-4 work days to get Garmin to answer back. Asking here is much faster and most often as is needed in this case, none certfied related. Yours as always R.E.A. III # 80888

Dear Robert:

I hope you don't mind me chiming in, but I'd like to mention a couple of items. First, if your panel space prohibits you from mounting an audio panel, be aware that there is a vertical mount version of the PMA8000 series.

Second, when you have a remote audio panel, you loose the ability to scan your audio panel. Even to simply change the intercom from All to Isolate requires you to press the Intercom Icon, press up to 3 different arrows, and then wait for the screen to go back to navigating.

Finally, if you don't use that valuable screen space for the icon to display "Intercom", you can use that space for other important functions such as MSA - MEA - etc....

Also, IMHO, there is a significant premium price for the remote audio panel, listing $2995

The list of the PMA8000B is $1895, $1000 less (or 1 AU in aviator terms)

Before you make your final decision, if you have any technical questions with regard to what functions might work well for you, please don't hesitate to ask, we live and breath audio control systems - what does that tell you about my home life ;)

Sincerely,
Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering, Inc.

No Mark, I like to hear others and see other toys, I guess once a boy allways a boy, just the price changes thats all. Panle space and weight are allways top of the list in spam-cans. Thanks for your input. yours as always R.E.A. III #80888

Back