What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Check Your Kit Status!

Mark Dickens

Well Known Member
Patron
This morning, I discovered (without any notification from Vans) that not only had my crating date changed for the QB fuselage I have on order, but my QB wing kit has changed from a 14 wing kit to a 10A wing kit. I've called them twice with no answer after listening to it ring for 10 mins or more each time. I sent them an email reminding them that I'm building a 14 not a 10A. Man, do they have some work to do IT-wise as well as customer service. Bless their little hearts!

This morning, I discovered (without any notification from Vans) that not only had my crating date changed for the QB fuselage I have on order, but my QB wing kit has changed from a 14 wing kit to a 10A wing kit. I've called them twice with no answer after listening to it ring for 10 mins or more each time. I sent them an email reminding them that I'm building a 14 not a 10A. Man, do they have some work to do IT-wise as well as customer service. Bless their little hearts!
I thought that Van's was going to institute a kit status feature where you can check the status of your kit online. It sounds like this is what you did? But I can't find it on their web site.

I put in my Serial # and it says " no results match your criteria" .
Emailed them.

A

Yea Steve I filled in all the boxes and still nothing.

Last edited:
Definitely movement and not to the good on my end. Wings went from being assembled to back to parts being produced. Additionally, the dates for both kits moved 30 days to the bad. Not the end of the world, but my wings were listed as being assembled for probably 6-8 weeks.

Thanks. That sure is a well-kept secret. Couldn't find a link to it anywhere on the website, and using the search turned up nothing.

I got that result when I entered serial number and zip code. But when I entered serial number and email, it found it.
That happened to me the other day and I figure out that they use the delivery zip code instead of billing zip code. I'm having my wings delivered directly to the airport so the zip code was different. Anyway, that's what I think is going on...

Back