What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Audio Panel vs audio panel

Since no one answered I will. I have no direct experience with this unit, but certainly you can use switches between audio sources and the inputs to select or deselect. Or just use the volume controls (turn nav audio up to hear code, turn back down when done). Whatever you want.

This box is a 'mixer'. If you are comfortable with small parts and a soldering iron you can build your own for $10.

Mixer...

Thanx Bob!

Where can I get more info about the $10 solution? Been around soldering irons since the 6th grade (Yes, I know the smell of rosin, lead and burning flesh)
I guess I'm interested in volume level balance, and maybe more channels. I did see a notice about using 100ohm resistors, but I guess I have a little more in mind.

CC
:confused:

IF you PM me your email address I'll send you a pdf file with a schematic.
(Not sure how to attach a file using VAF PM).

Bob

IF you PM me your email address I'll send you a pdf file with a schematic.
(Not sure how to attach a file using VAF PM).

Bob

...or you could go to the MakerPlane website and get a free schematic, buy a pcb, a kit or a fully assembled mixer. This is open-source stuff, based on production proven devices.

AMX-2A

I have an extra - never used AMX-2A ten channel audio mixer I will sell for $90 postage included (normally $119.95 assembled). I have been using one in my 7 with two com radios and intercom for four years and it has worked great and saved precious panel space. It also outputs all the warnings from the efis and engine monitor. This is the same unit Vern Little refers to in post number #5 of this thread.

http://makerplane.myshopify.com/products/10-channel-audio-mixer-mono-amx-2a

Back