bobnoffs

Well Known Member
has anyone used the ztron strobes? stats look pretty good but mounting looks like a challenge. i would be interested to see how you handled the mounting.

well, no response to my original question so none of these are in use or no one is talking.
i did get one private message about these lights and i have looked into them.
ztron strobes are almost x3 the candle power rating of the vans lighting kit.
ZTRON landing light is x2 the lumen rating of the vans lighting kit.
ZTRON lights total $500. you can do the math.
looks like the mounting hdwe. can be adapted to the ztron lights. i got a feeling i am not gonna be able to leave this alone. i probably will start with a vans wingtip fairing and one strobe . after that the rest should be pretty straight forward.

I have installed the strobe/position lights and two landing/taxi lights on my 8.
Some of the details are in my build log. Click link in my signature below and look in my KITLOG for more details. I am not flying yet, but am pleased with them.

Bird

I'm using the strobes, but not on an RV-12.

Easy to mount them in the wing tip cut out.
IMG_2810-M.jpg

I have a pair of the LED landing lights that I cannot use, but am willing to make you a good deal on. PM me if you are interested.

There was another Ztron thread up at the same time called Ztron pos/strobe mounting so I did not duplicate my reply thinking you would see it. A search of Ztron will bring up more.
For what it's worth:

Last edited: