Leonard_Smith_nz

All,

Well, where does one start...such a perfect afternoon.

Piloted by test pilot Elliott Eaton my RV6, ZK-VRV (Kit #24692), flew today for the first time. I'm the second owner of the kit that was started in 1995. I wish to thank first owner, Frank van der Hulst for all the support that he's given me even after the kit migrated to my workshop.

She flew true and fast (165 kts at approximately 2500rpm). Basic equipment include a TMX O-360 (thanks Mahlon!) and a Sensenich FP of 85". A little envious that I had to watch from the chase plane, but that will soon be rectified.

A big thank you to all those who keep me out of work first thing in the morning when I log on to catch the latest news and the occasional 'drama'.

Regards,
Leonard

my.php

Congratulations Leonard!! Glad all went well. Now that the aircraft has had it's first flight, keep us posted for yours! I know you can?t wait.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at you own risk."

Way to go Leonard! It's great to hear that ya'll are getting more RV's flying in the "other" hemisphere...I'm beginning to worry that with over 4,000 flying in the northern half of the globe, we need more balance, or the earth's orbit is going to be affected! :D

Have fun!

Paul

Congrats!

If it flies any thing like it looks, you will never get that RV grin off of your face. Good luck with your first flight.

From the West Island

Leonard,
What an absolutely brilliant colour scheme.
Congratultaions on your first flight from the West Island.

Looking at the WX Map, you had better put it back in the hangar.
Pete.

Superbski

Awesome! Well done Leonard! I love the colour scheme also. A few years from now maybe you'll be able to chase my RV-8A first flight (with me as pax since I won't be the test pilot!). See you around...

Really nice looking plane Leonard. Looks like you did a great job, enjoy it and fly safe.

Great job Leonard

Congratulations Leonard! The plane looks great! One thing I noticed is the pilot seems to be sitting on the wrong side:D for your part of the world.

Gary